Nissan Z Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Yeah the backlash would be huge if Nissan tried to pull something like that.
Oh, massive. Nissan likely has some kind of updates in the works - be they additional trims in the lineup or some other incremental changes, but they probably need to be unrelated to the powertrain (unless it's legitimately fixing a defect), at least initially, to avoid this exact situation.

They can't pull a "Just kidding! This is what we meant." with the 2024 MY.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Some are surprised a Nismo could be coming out so soon but I’d argue that it was in the cards (to be tested by now) all along. It’s only because the Z’s release has been delayed that makes the Nismo’s timing seem premature. If it’s being tested now, it won’t be before Spring or Summer 2023 when the Nismo drops, or at least a year after the Z’s original release “date”. In fact, I’d be surprised if the Nismo isn’t available by this time next year, what with the MKV manual coming available and the Z getting beaten up in comparos. I’d say the Nismo’s release may have even been advanced to garner at least some kind of a performance metrics (and comparison test) “win” against a MKV, even if it’ll have to have a higher MSRP to do it. In that vein, I’m upping my Nismo horsepower guess to 450 from 420. If the Z was originally supposed to be a “willing dance partner”, my guess is Nissan wants the Nismo to win the dance competition. Hey Nissan, thanks for the Nismo but don’t forget the Michelins and Sport+LSD+Brakes!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Some are surprised a Nismo could be coming out so soon but I’d argue that it was in the cards (to be tested by now) all along. It’s only because the Z’s release has been delayed that makes the Nismo’s timing seem premature. If it’s being tested now, it won’t be before Spring or Summer 2023 when the Nismo drops, or at least a year after the Z’s original release “date”. In fact, I’d be surprised if the Nismo isn’t available by this time next year, what with the MKV manual coming available and the Z getting beaten up in comparos. I’d say the Nismo’s release may have even been advanced to garner at least some kind of a performance metrics (and comparison test) “win” against a MKV, even if it’ll have to have a higher MSRP to do it. In that vein, I’m upping my Nismo horsepower guess to 450 from 420. If the Z was originally supposed to be a “willing dance partner”, my guess is Nissan wants the Nismo to win the dance competition. Hey Nissan, thanks for the Nismo but don’t forget the Michelins and Sport+LSD+Brakes!
This would make me so happy. A little extra power, different seats and maybe a different spoiler and wheels and I'm a happy camper. It's almost the end of summer already so I'm going to try to wait out until next year for one. I really hope you're right!

·
Registered
302 Posts
I suspect that this is, indeed, a NISMO mule. This looks too much like benchmarking, what with the other Zs and the MkV being there with it.
This would make me so happy. A little extra power, different seats and maybe a different spoiler and wheels and I'm a happy camper. It's almost the end of summer already so I'm going to try to wait out until next year for one. I really hope you're right!
I’m just a car guy with an opinion, but I hope I’m right too. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
That pic 100% confirms it's a new bumper but to me it also confirms it's not the orange concept bumper. The edges of the inne grill cut out are straight up and down. On the orange concept bumper it's angled there so it's not the same.

If you look right above the license plate it looks like there is an unpainted almost beak like area that runs along the top of the grill. This could be some type of aerodynamic update

·
Registered
302 Posts
It may or may not be the Fairlady’s grille. Either way it’s fun to speculate. Perhaps it is a Nismo or just a new grille to delineate a new trim level (?) or for the Performance &/or Nismo trims only (?)…. Regardless, I’m glad it’s there as Nissan decided the Fairlady’s front fascia (or a slight variation on its split grille) was worth keeping in at least some capacity as whatever it is has to be an improvement on the gaping maw. I’d guess it’s for pricier trim levels - perhaps that elusive mid-tier on up to and including the eventual Nismo.

·
Registered
302 Posts
here are the differences between whatever this is and the fairlady concept

View attachment 8056
First, thanks for the highlights! You know, even with the Madden-like analysis it’s still not conclusively different because along with a resolution issue, those cut lines at the sides of the grille may have been artfully taped to give the appearance that they’re not the same. Personally, I don’t care either way as any version of a split grille will be an improvement over the standard one. As for the crossmember, I can’t make heads or tails of that. Still, it’s exciting to ponder each little clue and insight provided. Thanks again and keep ‘em coming!

·
Super Moderator
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
one thing that might it could be a NISMO is that upper beak or unpainted front diffuser area looks like a more protruding evolution of the 370z NISMO

Font Landscape Rectangle Slope Art

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

·
Registered
410 Posts
There's also every chance that this fascia doesn't end up with a bisected grille in the way that many are thinking. They could simply go to a mesh covering rather than the slats and leave the horizontal member unpainted and recessed like it currently is.

Like they did on this one:
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
There's also every chance that this fascia doesn't end up with a bisected grille in the way that many are thinking. They could simply go to a mesh covering rather than the slats and leave the horizontal member unpainted and recessed like it currently is.

Like they did on this one:
View attachment 8067
As long as we get vents on the sides of the grille and a more aggressive approach to the lower part of the bumper, I will be happy. Basically like what they did to the 370Z. Same goes for the side skirts and rear bumper.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts