Nissan Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
starting price will be based on the demand they are seeing in all the forums etc , its like when a stock goes public more interest means higher IPO prices . IMO if this car comes in a weighing 3100 lbs it will be a show stopper

·
Registered
155 Posts
starting price will be based on the demand they are seeing in all the forums etc , its like when a stock goes public more interest means higher IPO prices . IMO if this car comes in a weighing 3100 lbs it will be a show stopper
Yeah, right...

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
No way close to 3100 lbs, that's for sure. But even at 3500-3600 lbs the first allocations will be marked up since dealers get their hands on them first, not good for customers.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I really don't see Nissan budging much from $40,000, if at all. At the most I'd see them dropping to $38,000-$39,000 but that's it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Add another $ 8-9,000 for Canadian pricing. I hope the dealers here will abide by guidelines and not gouge first ordering buyers next year. I want to order locally but really afraid of the GTA (greater Toronto area) Nissan dealers here and their pricing which I might turn to a broker to cut my deal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I really hope that Nissan doesn't all of a sudden jack up the price for this new car.

The current 370Z starts at $31,015 and that's a really good price for the performance that you get.

Car and Driver seems to think that the Z will start somewhere in the $40,000 range, which would suck. But at least it still would undercut the Supra by thousands lol.

How much does everyone else expect the new Z to be. My guess is that it's going to be around $42,000.
It's not going to be the manufacture price that will be the big price issue. The dealer markup is going to be huge, I bet it will be around $10K+. Supply and demand gents!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
It's not going to be the manufacture price that will be the big price issue. The dealer markup is going to be huge, I bet it will be around $10K+. Supply and demand gents!
Yeah it's going to be an absolute minefield trying to find a dealer that won't gouge us on the car.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yeah it's going to be an absolute minefield trying to find a dealer that won't gouge us on the car.
You can help yourself by choosing a store near you and getting things done in their service dept, while waiting/loitering in the showroom. Ask desk manager about the new Z now (just not about pricing).

21 - 29 of 29 Posts