Nissan Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Yeah it's a real bummer for European fans. I wonder if sales of cars like the GR86 will take a bump because of this.

·
Registered
151 Posts
It did take 3 years for 370 nismo to get here. There are many factors as to why its not coming to Europe. Not enough Leafs sold, no business case due to poor numbers on 370. Although the 350 did well they struggled to sell 50th anniversary editions of the 370Z. Only 22 came over and they couldn't shift them quick enough.

Me and a couple 350z-uk forum members emailed Nissan UK the highest buyer in Europe for Nissan Sports cars aside from Germany and they werent sure initially then the board decided not to.

It doesn't really matter because there are no restrictions in imports till 2030. You can import any vehicle to the UK. Also if you know the people at the dealership you may be able to source parts but more than likely they wont want to get involved. So youd have to go aftermarket for support. A few companies are willing to do this and met one whos willing to deal with importing right hand drives directly from Japan along with parts.

We already have a few Q60s and Q50s in UK so its all good. Youll pay around £3000 to ship and another £1000 to register, tax and covert brake lights. Its only the end for people who were hoping to buy on pcp. As now youll need to stump up actual cash

These cars will depreciate and driving in Japan is not cheap hence the high amount of import models to UK especially 2jZ Supra etc. So no need to give up just yet. Also UK dealers tend to be independent with some not attached officially to Nissan UK. Loads of indy dealers around too. Depends how bothered you are because there are other options like 86, Supra, F Type, older Zs and even non comparable GR Yaris or the Alpine A110.

At the end of the day enthusiasm for the new Z crashed when they said its not coming. 90% of current UK Z owners are not bothered and it shows in the search analytics on Youtube. Ukraine searched more than UK so that says a lot.

Ive been an advocate and taken abuse on UK forums over the last 4 years. Imagine my relief when it was announced. Then my disappointment when it got cancelled for Europe. I still post on 350zuk site any little updates. With 60,000 members not much interest. They never really had enthusiasm on the same level as US did.

Regulations mean theyd have to spend money on adjustments for the car. Future GTR will have to have Electric hybrid components to come. EU doesn't sell enough of the R35 to warrant bringing R36 if it exists.. An electric Z wont make a difference. Either way the used market continues to appreciate anyway. People will still drive and mod the old ones

UK drives German mainly. BMW M, Audi RS, AMG rule the roost along with Porsche garner a bulk of sales. It wouldn't have been a huge seller. The decision is justified. Im glad I got to experience the 370z Nismo from new.

·
Registered
735 Posts
It did take 3 years for 370 nismo to get here. There are many factors as to why its not coming to Europe. Not enough Leafs sold, no business case due to poor numbers on 370. Although the 350 did well they struggled to sell 50th anniversary editions of the 370Z. Only 22 came over and they couldn't shift them quick enough.

Me and a couple 350z-uk forum members emailed Nissan UK the highest buyer in Europe for Nissan Sports cars aside from Germany and they werent sure initially then the board decided not to.

It doesn't really matter because there are no restrictions in imports till 2030. You can import any vehicle to the UK. Also if you know the people at the dealership you may be able to source parts but more than likely they wont want to get involved. So youd have to go aftermarket for support. A few companies are willing to do this and met one whos willing to deal with importing right hand drives directly from Japan along with parts.

We already have a few Q60s and Q50s in UK so its all good. Youll pay around £3000 to ship and another £1000 to register, tax and covert brake lights. Its only the end for people who were hoping to buy on pcp. As now youll need to stump up actual cash

These cars will depreciate and driving in Japan is not cheap hence the high amount of import models to UK especially 2jZ Supra etc. So no need to give up just yet. Also UK dealers tend to be independent with some not attached officially to Nissan UK. Loads of indy dealers around too. Depends how bothered you are because there are other options like 86, Supra, F Type, older Zs and even non comparable GR Yaris or the Alpine A110.

At the end of the day enthusiasm for the new Z crashed when they said its not coming. 90% of current UK Z owners are not bothered and it shows in the search analytics on Youtube. Ukraine searched more than UK so that says a lot.

Ive been an advocate and taken abuse on UK forums over the last 4 years. Imagine my relief when it was announced. Then my disappointment when it got cancelled for Europe. I still post on 350zuk site any little updates. With 60,000 members not much interest. They never really had enthusiasm on the same level as US did.

Regulations mean theyd have to spend money on adjustments for the car. Future GTR will have to have Electric hybrid components to come. EU doesn't sell enough of the R35 to warrant bringing R36 if it exists.. An electric Z wont make a difference. Either way the used market continues to appreciate anyway. People will still drive and mod the old ones

UK drives German mainly. BMW M, Audi RS, AMG rule the roost along with Porsche garner a bulk of sales. It wouldn't have been a huge seller. The decision is justified. Im glad I got to experience the 370z Nismo from new.
Have you thought about importing a Z from Japan? Or are you going to hold off?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Have you thought about importing a Z from Japan? Or are you going to hold off?
Was but their are other local alternatives till prices crash in Japan. Like the GR86 with a Supercharger being 350kg lighter.

Theres German alternatives too. Z will be worth importing once its depreciated to sub 30k i reckon

Would love to import near new but im not made of Gold lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nissans aren't built that well to compete with the Germans anyways. They look nice, but can they cruise at 155 MPH for extended periods without overheating wheel bearings and engines? Nope.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Built? You mean extra door insulation? Never had an issue with my Z apart from the usual maintenance.

My brothers Bmws and my audis however. My bro spent $10000 on his 335is....while i had to replace my driveshaft and gearbox/clutch.

If I lived in USA id get the Z over any german. Parked next to my brothers BMW I know which one would be preferred by public

So I thought let me try Japanese haven't looked back since. Nismo 370 great car without the gimmicks reliable for me.

5 years Honda Civic. Worst that happened was i was chilling in the car for 3 hours with ignition on ACC causing a battery drain.

On the reliability list Nissan are notorious for CVT. On manuals CSC on older Z oil gallery gaskets. Other than that the NA engines ive not had an issue. I cant speak for the VR30 engines though

On one hot summer day i saw 3 bmws broken down on the freeway. Ive never broken down on a freeway in 14 years of driving japanese.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Built? You mean extra door insulation? Never had an issue with my Z apart from the usual maintenance.

My brothers Bmws and my audis however. My bro spent $10000 on his 335is....while i had to replace my driveshaft and gearbox/clutch.

If I lived in USA id get the Z over any german. Parked next to my brothers BMW I know which one would be preferred by public

So I thought let me try Japanese haven't looked back since. Nismo 370 great car without the gimmicks reliable for me.

5 years Honda Civic. Worst that happened was i was chilling in the car for 3 hours with ignition on ACC causing a battery drain.

On the reliability list Nissan are notorious for CVT. On manuals CSC on older Z oil gallery gaskets. Other than that the NA engines ive not had an issue. I cant speak for the VR30 engines though

On one hot summer day i saw 3 bmws broken down on the freeway. Ive never broken down on a freeway in 14 years of driving japanese.
Built as in high torsional rigidity, bearings and ball joints that can take a beating.

Let's not kid ourselves here, I'm a die hard Nissan guy and even I'm aware of the fact that even Infiniti is a class below Lexus, which is below the Euro big 3.

Nissan makes great commuter cars and cheap sports cars, but there is no way it could compete in Europe. Look at Infiniti, they did absolutely horrible there and had to be removed from the market.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Nissan is top 10 seller in the UK. EU is another matter. The Juke and Qashqai are huge sellers and do well on the used market.

While I agree on bushings etc...What would you rather, catastrophic engine failure or bad bushing, banana arms or bearings? Hence aftermarket

Infiniti was purely down to lack of marketing. Infiniti hatchbacks and Q50h sold very well in UK. I see them a lot. The Q60 however didnt sell as well.

Im not a Nissan exec but I would have electrified the whole infiniti lineup for Europe and relaunched. Unfortunately Nissan didnt have the cash to do this.

The touted Nissan plus aka Infiniti branding should be all EV. With Infiniti EV models also being made in Sunderland for export to Europe.

But Nissan wont do this as America is still buying Infiniti with ICE....But they know it makes sense. Leave ICE to the sports niche range. Time to look forward.

No need to give up on Europe just yet.

The only Germans that break top manufacturers are VW. Maybe theyve stepped up but the mk 4 Golfs and Audis were made of paper. Constant breaking and electrical problems...

Id take a 2003 Civic over the equivalent Golf anyday. VW did step up to improve handling. The Japanese are known for making lighter, more agile cars. Some may call flimsy in terms of build but reliability is better. Thats nine tenths of the law for me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nissan already stated that the reason they aren't taking the Z into the EU market is because of emissions. That isn't a marketing issue, and it isn't going to go away, so I wouldn't hold your breath for a de-tuned Z that meets EU emissions or a special version with particle filters or other (power robbing) exhaust mods.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Was referring to Infiniti in terms of marketing....And no ones really waiting for a hybrid Z. Infact on the UK forum the threads are dead discussing the Z. Which is why i signed up here.

There are lots of alternatives to spending £10,000 on import duty and value added tax.

Its not the end of the world. Also Nissan havent sold enough Leafs or low displacement vehicles to warrant bringing any future sports cars. Thats another reason the Leaf is getting redesigned along with new EV ranges to come from Sunderland. Tesla is still the number 1 EV seller in UK.

Not just emissions but no real business case. They didnt sell many 370Z either

1 - 17 of 17 Posts