Nissan 400Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For more hints, on Twitter Nissan said "50 years of passion. Innovation at its core. Modern technology, with a vintage touch."

Love the vintage idea!

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Finally something solid. I feel a lot of hype. I wonder what detailed information they’re going to release I’m very curious about the chassis changes.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just heard from a Nissan PR rep that they will be doing a live stream for attendees of the ZCON event that's in Nashville this year.

Someone on reddit said they were actually debuting the car there... but it'll just be a live stream. Nissan shared this link with me as well. It doesn't work yet though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well that's unfortunate. Maybe there is some truth to the 2023 rumor then.

At least we'll have something to look at soon enough.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well that's unfortunate. Maybe there is some truth to the 2023 rumor then.

At least we'll have something to look at soon enough.
Prototype is probably really close to Pre-production. Showing it now fits with a production start date of 9/21.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Now wondering if the norm of taking deposits will start, buying frenzy like we've already seen with C8, Bronco, of course Tesla.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Also, regarding prototype vs. production, for what it's worth the Nissan Ariya concept ended up almost completely unchanged when the production car was revealed. So lately, Nissan is showing the concepts as full intent of what the production version will look like.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Also, regarding prototype vs. production, for what it's worth the Nissan Ariya concept ended up almost completely unchanged when the production car was revealed. So lately, Nissan is showing the concepts as full intent of what the production version will look like.
The original Z teaser already revealed a production looking vehicle. Compare that to the Supra launch and many others, and its easy to see how Nissan isn't in the business of showing off anything over the top these days.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Now wondering if the norm of taking deposits will start, buying frenzy like we've already seen with C8, Bronco, of course Tesla.
I see why those particular vehicles were buying frenzy. But I don’t know if that will be the case for Nissan/ us. I hope they do have great sales numbers. Guess I’ll need to be ready. How do you get a jump start on when they take deposits?

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
I see why those particular vehicles were buying frenzy. But I don’t know if that will be the case for Nissan/ us. I hope they do have great sales numbers. Guess I’ll need to be ready. How do you get a jump start on when they take deposits?
I predict Nissan will ask for some sort of nominal refundable deposit, like $100, through a website that will go live after the event. It is in Nissan's interest to keep the reservation amount low so they can boast about a high number of reservations.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts