61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
It looks like a 6 speed with SynchroRev to me:

gallery_245_547_215981.png

Nice door entry sills:

gallery_245_547_203457.png

Are those slotted front discs? Also, notice the vertical line in the bumper - we already have DRLs on the headlights so it's either just styling or it's an intake:

gallery_245_547_459479.png

The sills look quite angular in that pic too.

There's a roof spoiler (which I assume means we won't be getting a boot one), and a hint of the rear lights:

gallery_245_547_10226.png
If I wasn't already in on this car I am now!

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Not only that, this shows a drivable vehicle.
Yep, looks very much production ready. Love the open wheel design and hoping the leading 'vents' aid in brake cooling.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I missed that vertical line underneath the headlights. I thought that whole section was clean which would have been very pretty. Ah well, as long as it's functional and not overdone.

·
Registered
49 Posts
This car will be the right mix of old and new. It will feel much more raw than most cars in the market today.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
As exciting as this Z is regardless if it has great sells over the years to come and being retro’d from the 240. I’m curious if this truly may be the last generation. What else could they do after? I assume a whole new ground up make over. Just feels like it will be the last due to the retro. I know I’m getting ahead of myself.

·
Registered
32 Posts
As exciting as this Z is regardless if it has great sells over the years to come and being retro’d from the 240. I’m curious if this truly may be the last generation. What else could they do after? I assume a whole new ground up make over. Just feels like it will be the last due to the retro. I know I’m getting ahead of myself.
Agree with you here. It does feel like there will be a massive shift after this generation.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Its going to go hybrid or Electric. They should look into methanol as opposed to Electric. Maybe they can be at the forefront of methanol production vehicles as an alternative to Electric.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Its going to go hybrid or Electric. They should look into methanol as opposed to Electric. Maybe they can be at the forefront of methanol production vehicles as an alternative to Electric.
Speculation is that it will be conventional at least at first as they are reusing the 370z platform. If they were to create a electric or hybrid or a methanol sports car they will change there target market segment which would be a substantial risk at this time in their business landscape and therefore I think highly unlikely. The people that buy 350 and 370 Z's have very little overlap into the Tesla/Prius market and while some of these consumers do exist the are not in the numbers to draw the brand attention that Nissan needs right now. Without a doubt they would loose me as a buyer and that should be enough to sway their decision. 😎

·
Registered
146 Posts
Agree with you here. It does feel like there will be a massive shift after this generation.
I don't think it's going to happen any time soon, considering the 370Z has been around for 11 years. But it does happen i think they'll keep the styling similar but offer it as electric.

61 - 80 of 98 Posts