Nissan Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
2005 Mazda RX-8 GT
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this, figured I'd post it over to here.

I really can't decide if I like the black roof or body color yet. They both look great to me

Registered
Excellent! I am thinking I'll do a black roof but it's mainly because I intend to go with a bright color (yellow or orange, i imagine) 馃

Registered
Yea.. can we get the admins to cut a deal n merge these two forums Hahah I bounce back n forth constantly

Registered
2005 Mazda RX-8 GT
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea.. can we get the admins to cut a deal n merge these two forums Hahah I bounce back n forth constantly
Same, I'm hoping we keep this one though because its the same format as all the other forums I'm a part of. Once the car comes out there will have to be a merger or main one that comes out on top.

Registered
2020 Ford Ranger (daily), 2020 Toyota Supra
The color looks good and I like seeing the car with less camo. Its gonna be nice to see with no camo at all in all the colors offered. I like the black roof, but don't feel like it'll go well on every color.

Premium Member
2013 Camaro SS - 1LE
The color looks good and I like seeing the car with less camo. Its gonna be nice to see with no camo at all in all the colors offered. I like the black roof, but don't feel like it'll go well on every color.
Agreed. Trying to image if white would look better with or without the black roof. Regardless of roof color, I think I'm going to wrap the katana sword in a nice gray if I get white - at least that's what I'm thinking now.

Registered
2020 Ford Ranger (daily), 2020 Toyota Supra
Agreed. Trying to image if white would look better with or without the black roof. Regardless of roof color, I think I'm going to wrap the katana sword in a nice gray if I get white - at least that's what I'm thinking now.
I've wondered myself how the "katana" would look wrapped since I'm not a fan of chrome on newer vehicles. I think gray on white would look good.

Premium Member
2013 Camaro SS - 1LE
I've wondered myself how the "katana" would look wrapped since I'm not a fan of chrome on newer vehicles. I think gray on white would look good.
To continue that thought, as long as we're being honest, I feel as though Martini stripes would look amazing on the new Z. It would probably be blasphemous on a JDM car, but amazing nonetheless.
(I hearby trademark this idea lol).

Premium Member
2013 Camaro SS - 1LE
For those wondering what Martini stripes look like:

They're historically reserved for Porsches (and some other Euro cars, mostly German though).

Registered
For those wondering what Martini stripes look like:

They're historically reserved for Porsches (and some other Euro cars, mostly German though).
Maybe not in the center, but offset to one side may look nice. Blasphemous, but nice.

Super Moderator

im getting a black Z so while the roof is a non issue. I think the Katana will really stand out on black. I dont think its actually chrome I think its more brushed aluminum like the previous Z door handles

Premium Member
im getting a black Z so while the roof is a non issue. I think the Katana will really stand out on black. I dont think its actually chrome I think its more brushed aluminum like the previous Z door handles
Black Z with brushed alum katana will really look awesome! You might contrast that with different colored wheels. Bronze, gold, anthracite?

I for sure want to keep the katana with whatever color I get, and the black roof, only wish we know soon what colors will be offered.....

Super Moderator
Black Z with brushed alum katana will really look awesome! You might contrast that with different colored wheels. Bronze, gold, anthracite?

I for sure want to keep the katana with whatever color I get, and the black roof, only wish we know soon what colors will be offered.....

im also curious how the upper part of the grill which seems to also be metallic in color will look on an all black car. sometimes accents like that can make an otherwise all black car look like it has braces. but at the same time you do want something to break up black and show some detail. thats why I hope both that and the katana will go well in that color

Registered
I would really, really like to get black, but I have two issues with that color.

1. I live in Georgia, so that would make the car unbearably hot after sitting in the sun for a short time.
2. I live on a gravel road, so keeping it looking nice is near impossible. I need a color that hides dirt.

Registered
I would really, really like to get black, but I have two issues with that color.

1. I live in Georgia, so that would make the car unbearably hot after sitting in the sun for a short time.
2. I live on a gravel road, so keeping it looking nice is near impossible. I need a color that hides dirt.
Is there another color you'd want to get on the Z instead of black?

Registered
Found this, figured I'd post it over to here.

I really can't decide if I like the black roof or body color yet. They both look great to me
Want black roof with any color offered. Gives a nice contrast for my taste. If I go with a black vehicle, (which I Just may do) it's a moot point.

Registered
The jury is still out about whether the grill has changed from the yellow prototype, or whether the tape just makes it appear there is a bar dividing the upper part from the lower. I鈥檓 betting that the production grill will retain the prototype鈥檚 large grill with no divider bar, but have different treatment of the upper and lower sections to create some visual difference. This was evident on the gray car that was shown about two months ago.

Super Moderator
The gray that leaked is one of the camouflaged cars so there is no exposed cross bar it's just tape. We have seen these cars totally uncovered

The production cars look to have added some chrome looking accents to break up the upper and lower part of the grill

1 - 20 of 21 Posts