Nissan Z Forum banner

Newbie here. For me it'll be the Z or M2.

6K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  NeighborDave 
Been following the Z development for a long time now for my next car, which will 99% be either the new Z or a BW M2. Both will be out within the next year or so (M2 sometime next year).
I have been driving a modded BMW 135 for a while now. In fact, I cross-shopped the 135 vs the 370Z and the G37S back in 2012. The 135 won out because it and the Z performed almost the same but I was not comfortable with the tiny mail-slot rear window visibility of the Z. Now I think I would be okay with it. And the G37 was just too soft.

So I've been daily driving the 135 for 9 years now and it's time for something new (this too will be a daily driver).

Crossing fingers for hydraulic steering.
I completely feel you. I've had both a modded 335i and a 370Z. (Wrecked the BMW, and (after a brief period with a mini s, that I don't like to talk about) I ended up with the Z).
I prefer the look of the Z, but the BMW was just such a blast to drive. I shouldn't care, but what drives me nuts about cars like your 135 or my 335, is that about 90% of the population will see them and not give any notice. The Z however can't be mistaken for anything other than a sports car. Also, the BMW was way more expensive to maintain, but whatever, if you're on this forum you don't buy cars for their practicality.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.