Nissan Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

"To support its race car image, Best Car also reports that the new Z will be the new face of Nissan in Japan's Super GT race series"

Hoping this is the direction and soon unveiling, excited!

·
Registered
45 Posts
The GT4 series is for FIA-spec racecars. It won't have much to do with the street car outside of general appearance.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No relation to the street version of the new Z, but at least we get a glimpse of the setup and aero bits on the new body style. Spawns ideas for track setups.

·
Registered
45 Posts
No relation to the street version of the new Z, but at least we get a glimpse of the setup and aero bits on the new body style. Spawns ideas for track setups.
Not really, the GT4 Z will not have any more relation to the new Z than the JGTC GT500 350Z had to my SCCA T1-3 spec racecar. Track setups are different for grassroots efforts than for a quarter million dollar factory racecar. Even the motor for the GT4 car will likely be restricted per FIA BOP rules. That's the only thing in line with my SCCA Z, as my HR-powered Z must utilize 42mm restrictors and a 3,325# minimum weight per 2021 SCCA rules.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Not really, the GT4 Z will not have any more relation to the new Z than the JGTC GT500 350Z had to my SCCA T1-3 spec racecar. Track setups are different for grassroots efforts than for a quarter million dollar factory racecar. Even the motor for the GT4 car will likely be restricted per FIA BOP rules. That's the only thing in line with my SCCA Z, as my HR-powered Z must utilize 42mm restrictors and a 3,325# minimum weight per 2021 SCCA rules.
Surely there must be some data Nissan can take away from the GT4 car to help make the production model better?

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Surely there must be some data Nissan can take away from the GT4 car to help make the production model better?
Exactly my point. Definitely not comparing engine mgmt and full factory race setups vs track day/local competition setups. More interested in what Nissan or the aftermarket can do on the aero bits. As it stands, the new Z even with a small rear spoiler looks to need a little help on downforce. One thing we don’t want is, with 400hp, a tailhappy Z at high speed corners.

·
Super Moderator
209 Posts
Exactly my point. Definitely not comparing engine mgmt and full factory race setups vs track day/local competition setups. More interested in what Nissan or the aftermarket can do on the aero bits. As it stands, the new Z even with a small rear spoiler looks to need a little help on downforce. One thing we don’t want is, with 400hp, a tailhappy Z at high speed corners.

definitely can apply aero from their racing efforts. both the original 350z NISMO and the GTR NISMO both had direct carry over aero bits from Super GT (and GT3 for the GTR) to the road cars

1 - 7 of 7 Posts