Nissan 400Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
That's fine with me.
I don't like how convertibles and targas ruin body lines.
Targas dont change the body lines. Just a very wide sunroof basically. Just look at any corvette or whatever. Convertibles do If done poorly for sure. Just look at the 350z and 370z convertibles...very weird looking. Toyota did do some monstrosity targa one off thing to the new Supra...that didn't turn out good.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Targas dont change the body lines. Just a very wide sunroof basically. Just look at any corvette or whatever. Convertibles do If done poorly for sure. Just look at the 350z and 370z convertibles...very weird looking. Toyota did do some monstrosity targa one off thing to the new Supra...that didn't turn out good.
It will when the tops are removed. There's also the hassle that comes along with them.
I much rather open and close with a touch of a button. T-tops are cool but not convenient.

The Supra has a monstrosity of a roof to begin with. It's tall and doesn't flow. The targa might have actually help by removing that thick chunk of metal to give the sense of a flatter roof. It would have looked a lot better without the double bubble.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It will when the tops are removed. There's also the hassle that comes along with them.
I much rather open and close with a touch of a button. T-tops are cool but not convenient.

The Supra has a monstrosity of a roof to begin with. It's tall and doesn't flow. The targa might have actually help by removing that thick chunk of metal to give the sense of a flatter roof. It would have looked a lot better without the double bubble.
Look up sema Supra targa. It might be all the other stuff they added to it but man it looks like a mess. I will look up without double bubble. The Supra has just a bit too much going on. Not classic enough. Yea your right when the top is off it will change the lines but I don’t feel like it’s a negative. At least the rest of the car is the same. If they made it like the Miata rf it could be fully auto.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts