Nissan Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During Nissan's NEXT reveal for the Frontier and Pathfinder, a yellow Z Proto made an appearance, which is to be expected.

But if you look closely you can see what looks to be a production model sporting a new color that hasn't been seen before.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I like that aqua/teal looking color and wonder if its not just a color, but a hint of something more? Could it be an old iconic color or with special meaning behind it? I mean, of all colors, they chose this. Aside from that, everything looks close to the original model in yellow.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Here's some more shots of the car that I took from the video. There's a good look at the front end of the car. Interesting to see the different colored wheels.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I wonder if those are the factory rims then? I love them!

Similar to the concept ones, but not exact.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Some more observations
  • no Z badge on the rear quarters like the concept
  • no brake calipers (is it a clay model?)
  • side skirt is straight all the way through, on the concept it goes up towards the rear

·
Registered
21 Posts
honestly, those wheels on the grey z looks like a sticker of a rim. LOL

And the grey color makes the silver/ aluminum blade stick out in a bad way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I like that aqua/teal looking color and wonder if its not just a color, but a hint of something more? Could it be an old iconic color or with special meaning behind it? I mean, of all colors, they chose this. Aside from that, everything looks close to the original model in yellow.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Even these metallics would pop nicely on the 400Z, especially with black accents and roof.

·
Registered
13 Posts
White metallic please. The rims look foggy or something. They need to be brighter with that paint color or black. I am still not sold on the front opening. It hasn’t grown on me. Everything else about the car looks great. Side profile, rear etc. Needs to be targa top standard like corvette for my money. I own Z4 2016 and have owned 350z and 370z and until something with a z in the name drops it’s top in a nice way, ( not 350z or 370z or new z4s way ) I am sticking with it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts