Nissan Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2012 370z Prussian Blue Touring Auto , no mods
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran Into a Nissan District manager at a new pathfinder reveal

Told me only manuals coming , that's disappointing if true , hopefully not the case

·
Registered
102 Posts
That strikes me as extremely unlikely. Why would Nissan sacrifice what would probably be half their market when they have gone to the expense of integrating an AT into the car? Remember the grey car videoed in transit in the States was an auto. I call BS on this one.

·
Registered
2012 370z Prussian Blue Touring Auto , no mods
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i agree thats why i found so out of the blue , i hope it is bs , but that was what he said one of the sales manager for the dealer expressed some concern to his comment and he held his ground

so lets hope he is wrong

·
Registered
2020 Ford Ranger (daily), 2020 Toyota Supra
122 Posts
Not sure why he’d say that. As mentioned, it would take away half (if not more) of the sales market. We’ve already seen the automatic optioned interior so we know it’s coming. I’m not sure any dealerships or even district managers have any information to accurately speak on the subject yet.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The only thing might be that if the 6-speeds are already on-hand, and not dependent on transmission controllers... where the automatics are more susceptible to the shortage of silicon, and being sub-contracted from another company... the "launch" allocations of the first few units to each dealer may start out as 6-speed cars, with the autos following slightly behind them. They'll likely sell anyway, and get people to see them, and put their name in the books for an automatic allocation at least.

I just hope there is a cross reference for a steering wheel that doesn't have the piano-black plastic touch surfaces, or the oddly glossy airbag cover.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yeah, this is clearly untrue but it's strange that this person was so married to it. Did anyone ask the obvious question of "why" to this guy? I think that would have revealed the inherent illogicality of his claim :ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
404 Posts
Dan Passe is a friend of mine. what he says goes

what site was that who picked this bad info up?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ya that seems wrong to me. Unless there is some supply reason or delay where they cant deliver auto’s to start, why would they not want to move as many of these units as they can.

·
Super Moderator
404 Posts
the manual buyer rate im betting will be what maybe only 40%?

·
Registered
249 Posts
the manual buyer rate im betting will be what maybe only 40%?
Exactly! If that, and maybe only in the initial production run (and the introduction of the NISMO variant). I feel like it'll taper off and wind up something like 80/20 in favor of the automatics, but that's just a hunch.

·
Premium Member
2013 Camaro SS - 1LE
129 Posts
Highly unlikely - however, I will say that it would have been much more disappointing if it were auto only! Lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sometimes manufacturers' reps start this kind of thing just to "up" the hype and keep discussions hot.

From all my research, automatics will be available.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Sometimes manufacturers' reps start this kind of thing just to "up" the hype and keep discussions hot.

From all my research, automatics will be available.
Yea, or they just have zero idea. haha

Welcome to the forum @Nate D ! What do you drive now?

·
Registered
2020 Ford Ranger (daily), 2020 Toyota Supra
122 Posts
I think this thread should turn into a running list of dumb things a dealer tells everyone about the Z between now and launch. I bet we we get a few pages deep
I like this idea. Makes me wanna visit a few dealers to ask questions.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts