Nissan 400Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wheels.ca got a chance to play Gran Turismo Sport with a couple of Nissan's engineers. They played with Joseph Mueller – Manager of Restraints Design – and Taosif Alam – Engineer in Marketability – at Nissan North America.

While they were playing they talked with Mueller and Alam about working from home and of course new products like the 400Z. They weren't able to get any details from the two engineers except confirmation that the new Z car is coming. They also talked about the possibility of a new Sentra SE-R

400Z and Sentra SE-R
Driving vintage Nissan sports cars in the virtual world inevitably had us talking about the brand’s performance heritage. While getting old, the 370Z and GT-R continue to fill an important niche for performance enthusiasts, to the point that they’ve become automotive icons. We needed to ask, when is the next Z coming out?

To nobody’s surprise, both engineers remained tight-lipped about what’s coming in the Z portfolio, but they did mention the 400Z, which appears to be the name of Nissan’s next-generation sports car. The internet has exploded lately with renders and potential specifications for the car, with a well-founded rumor that it will inherit the Infiniti Q50’s twin-turbo V6 good for approximately 400 horsepower. While none of this was confirmed during the game, our two Nissan employees did mention that a new Z coming.

Finally, the Sentra SE-R. This was never mentioned in Toasif Alam’s future product promise, but when interrogated if Nissan plans on relaunching a true, high-performance version of the Nissan Sentra, he answered with the following:

“Everyone within my team would like to see the SE-R return. There is a potential for it, with rivals like the Civic Si, Golf GTI and Veloster N, so who knows?”

Of course, we’ll need to wait until this pandemic is over to see what this all means, but one thing’s for certain, Nissan seems to have shifted into second gear, ready to overhaul its entire brand image.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While we’re at it, let’s bring back Datsun truck. Lol.
I’d love to fix one of the old ones up.
It does seem like compact trucks might make a comeback. Ford is apparently going to be making one.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
It does seem like compact trucks might make a comeback. Ford is apparently going to be making one.

That’s rough. Lol. And I thought the avalanche looked bad. I just like an old small square body pick up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts