Nissan Z Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Very cool. I wonder if they'll announce an on-sale date for the Z then.

I suspect it'll be more VERY long term.

Like what is beyond the Ariya... I'd love to see some cooler models than the Ariya. It's good, but quite mainstream. I'd love to see something that pushes the boundaries a bit more. Something like an OG Pathfinder with electric drive!

·
Super Moderator
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It just hit me... they might talk about next-gen GT-R!!!!!

Could it be...
my hope is there is some mention of it even if its just a silhouette or logo at the end. just something to officially acknowledge it even if its still a ways off. if it goes without any mention at all thats a horrible sign

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I'm hoping for more Z and GT-R news for sure. Nissan should keep the momentum going with their halo cars. However, I'm also bracing myself for a presentation that is solely on crossover EVs.

·
Registered
607 Posts
my hope is there is some mention of it even if its just a silhouette or logo at the end. just something to officially acknowledge it even if its still a ways off. if it goes without any mention at all thats a horrible sign
Agreed.
Although I won't be surprised if they don't say anything yet. Nissan seems very focused on mainstream product right now and I suspect they'll want to get their EV strategy locked first.

·
Super Moderator
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this looks to be exactly what i thought it was going to be about. it was all about environment and social issues

As a pioneer of electric vehicles (EVs), Nissan has democratized EVs and invested in building charging infrastructure and energy management. By placing electrification at the core of the company’s long-term strategy, Nissan Ambition 2030, the company aims to accelerate the electrification of its vehicle lineup and rate of technology innovation with investments of 2 trillion yen over the next five years.

Based on customer demands for a diverse range of exciting vehicles, Nissan will introduce 23 new electrified models, including 15 new EVs by fiscal year 2030 aiming for an electrification mix of more than 50% globally across the Nissan and INFINITI brands.

With the introduction of 20 new EV and e-POWER equipped models in the next five years, Nissan intends to increase its electrification sales mix across major markets by fiscal year 2026, including:
• Europe by more than 75% of sales
• Japan by more than 55% of sales
• China by more than 40% of sales
• The United States by 40% of EV sales in fiscal year 2030

Water Car Tire Wheel Vehicle

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car

·
Registered
174 Posts
I bet there will be more crossovers and SUVs and nothing to rival the model 3 which outsells the Leaf.

I heard rumors the Leaf will be scrapped for a crossover SUV made in England.

The EV Roadster could be a thing. I remember the global design chief mentioning something about a sports EV sub brand under "Z" name. It could include a 2 + 2 coupe, 2 + 2 roadster and crossover 3 door and 5 door. Then later on introduction of a strictly 2 seater EV Sports coupe.

As I think the current Z will become a Hybrid into 2030s. That could mean the 2 seater will be a late introduction EV while other "sport EV" models have already been on the market a few years.

Thats the route id take. Saying that the EV platform will no longer be an exclusive platform due to expense. It will probably be shared with other models and possibly partners like Renault Alpine and Lotus who are working with Renault now for sport EVs...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.