Nissan 400Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waiting for this, some of my wish list:

1. Please DON'T overdo the body and aero kits, keep it functional but retain most of the stock profile. No huge wings, taller BRE-style spoiler welcome.
2. Power bump 450+
3. Recaros like offered in the 370Z Nismo with belt slots
4. Data logger
5. Upgraded coilovers and suspension adjustability
6. Stronger clutch
7. Upgraded coolers?
8. Base pricing under $55K, important!!

What do you guys want?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Waiting for this, some of my wish list:

1. Please DON'T overdo the body and aero kits, keep it functional but retain most of the stock profile. No huge wings, taller BRE-style spoiler welcome.
2. Power bump 450+
3. Recaros like offered in the 370Z Nismo with belt slots
4. Data logger
5. Upgraded coilovers and suspension adjustability
6. Stronger clutch
7. Upgraded coolers?
8. Base pricing under $55K, important!!

What do you guys want?
Upgraded clutch and seats are high on my list too. I'd like to see a unique set of Nismo wheels on the Z. Whether they're lighter or just cosmetic I think it's a needed touch. Maybe something similar to the GT-R Nismo's wheels.

·
Super Moderator
106 Posts
would like the see the recaro sportsters return. the ones in my NISMO Juke were way better than the seats in my NISMO GTR lol

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
would like the see the recaro sportsters return. the ones in my NISMO Juke were way better than the seats in my NISMO GTR lol
Really? How different are the Juke Recaros compared to the Nismo 370Z's? Mainly support, comfort?

·
Super Moderator
106 Posts
Really? How different are the Juke Recaros compared to the Nismo 370Z's? Mainly support, comfort?
they look similar but the juke NISMO RS ones had deeper side bolsters. they felt more like a straight aftermarket recaro stuck in the car as that is what it was it was a Recaro Sportster CS reupholstered with NISMO colors. the Z ones had a very similar look especially the backs but you could tell they are more of like a OEM variant. I know some guys in the Z and GTR world tried to make the Juke NISMO RS seats work in their cars but the seat rails were way too high. there might have been a couple people who had rails customized for them to fit. This was the Juke seat RECARO: RECARO - RECARO Sportster CS

the NISMO seats in the US spec GTR like mine are kind of lame. they are just NISMO color OEM GTR black edition seats with alcantara inserts and a recaro badge. the non US spec are top of the line carbon fiber backed $17K Recaro SPX seats. but the US couldnt get them because of some kind of DOT regulation. when I asked nissan why they said the air bag needs to be able to break through the shell or something like that. I bought the reasoning until I saw a Porsche GT3 that had basically the same seat here in the US

here is the seats from my JUKE NISMO RS vs my GTR

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
What I would like to see in the next Nismo Z would be the things that were applied to the 350z chassis. The 370z, was more so a gimmick when it came to the Nismo, where as the 350Z had a spot welded chassis from Autech, as well as functional aero.
I do agree, that some upgraded bolstered aftermarket seats, like the Recaros, should be added, instead of just a different color OEM seat. Another thing that I think would be awesome, would be to see some of the GT-R bits trickle down, such as the brakes. I hope that Nissan provides a real upgrade in the Nismo model over the generic base and package vehicles.

·
Registered
30 Posts
On the 400 I hope it comes out of the box with a HUD and a nice pedal set up for heel toe, or adjustable pedals for smaller less flexible feet. I would also like to see a 5 point harness bar and attachment points with seats that support and except the belts and are very adjustable. Rev matching with the manual would be awesome or at least something you can toggle on and off. I hope the aftermarket catches up quickly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts