Nissan 400Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
This was already revealed way back. But I don't mind if they're actually Brembo units not Akebonos, although might be Nissan branded. I trust Brembos or Stoptechs much more.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I wonder if Nissan won't save the 6 front/4 rear brake setup for the "Sport Package" or whatever they end up naming it. They might just use what is currently the BBK (which I believe if 4 front/2 rear) as the standard brake since the GTR setup that they show on the Proto would be significantly more costly.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I wonder if Nissan won't save the 6 front/4 rear brake setup for the "Sport Package" or whatever they end up naming it. They might just use what is currently the BBK (which I believe if 4 front/2 rear) as the standard brake since the GTR setup that they show on the Proto would be significantly more costly.
I can see them doing that to keep the price of the base model as low as can be.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
This car ends up with 400 hp ( as it should ) it needs these brakes for safety reasons IMO. Same reason they have 285 tires in the rear. Most higher hp cars always have this or bigger.

I’m sure this BBK on the proto is the same caliper as the GTR with a slightly smaller rotor. So if it is and they have been already mass producing them. Making more and using same design should make production cost lower and again safety is well needed keeping base price still reasonable. Fast car should stop fast to.

·
Registered
185 Posts
This car ends up with 400 hp ( as it should ) it needs these brakes for safety reasons IMO. Same reason they have 285 tires in the rear. Most higher hp cars always have this or bigger.

I’m sure this BBK on the proto is the same caliper as the GTR with a slightly smaller rotor. So if it is and they have been already mass producing them. Making more and using same design should make production cost lower and again safety is well needed keeping base price still reasonable. Fast car should stop fast to.
I hope the Z's standard brake setup is good enough with pads geared towards a mix of street use and some aggressive driving. Won't mind upgrading to stickier pads on my own. Plus automakers never go too aggressive with brakes in this segment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts