Nissan 400Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner

81 - 100 of 130 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
That Car Expert render looks close but noticed on the video the hood stretches forward more in a straight line then drops to form the nose, which is closer to the 240Z than 370Z which has more curvature throughout. I want the hood to be long in proportion to the 240Z of course.

·
Registered
80 Posts
4175478B-5925-4673-9CA2-C6E4AE25254D.jpeg

Another enhanced imagine of the official teaser. Very lean. Very S30 but also modern. I think the new car will be to the S30 what the newest 911 is to the original. While it’s not a copy, you can tell it’s the same car. I’ve always liked how Porsche has never tried to “reimagine” the 911. I like that Nissan has decided to take that path with the new Z.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I absolutely LOVE the size, shape, and proportions of this car. They really cleaned it up and thinned it out.

Fro m the edge of the hood to the rear is perfect. Don't know about the detail work of the front end yet though. That grille is looking very Aston Martin. Stretching from the center to underneath the lights. I hope it there's a line that comes straight down from the headlight hoodline to the bottom, but that's just personal preference.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I mean, I dont hate this render...
There's a lot of features in it that look very close to what we've seen in the teaser.
I reckon the lights on the render from 'Car Expert' probably look a little closer.
I will say im not a fan of the renders colour scheme though.

In saying all this, if this is the same Japanese Mag that did the render of the Supra before it was released...
they were damn close too
I'm with you on the color scheme. I don't know why they decided to put grey on the bottom of the car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Initially i thought the window line was exactly the same as the Z34... but more and more I see the teaser ut looks different to me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
No roadsters, just Targa top if that. That render is a literal fat no no. Autoguides render is more inline with the teaser.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Nissan should not spend $$ developing a roadster, maximize the performance of the coupe, just like it was for the S30 years.

·
Registered
80 Posts
This guy says they’ve had mules at the AZ proving ground for a while now doing performance benchmark testing against other cars. If a production date of 9/21 is accurate, I think it will be a few month before we see camouflaged pre-production cars.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
This guy says they’ve had mules at the AZ proving ground for a while now doing performance benchmark testing against other cars. If a production date of 9/21 is accurate, I think it will be a few month before we see camouflaged pre-production cars.
That's ok as long as we get first-year models that are free of quality issues and recalls, my only concern right now.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I wonder what cars they're using as the benchmark, I assume the Supra and the Q60 at the very least.

·
Registered
27 Posts
This rendering is supposed to represent the Turbo V6 version

View attachment 289

Not liking how they stretched it out but the retro theme is cool..

Someone should render a new NISMO Z that takes after the NISMO GT-R.
Looks cool, I really like this.

Of Course yes, someone should definitely render the NISMO version!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I reckon Supra, 370Z and Nismo 370Z. They should throw in the m2 competition, TTRS which is the fastest of the lot at 3.7 seconds to 60

Test car most definitely 370Z GT with a different engine under the hood

81 - 100 of 130 Posts