Nissan 400Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner

161 - 180 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
That yellow one is not even close and has been posted a few times.

Those drawings though are very interesting. They look very close to the 2 teasers we've gotten.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
The drawings have believable proportions and features, I'm liking them. It has roots in both the S30 and Z32, maybe other models, but nicely derivative. I'm still hoping it will be light enough, under 3400 lbs, which from the looks very possible. I'm hearing Sept 15, 17:30 PST 'proto' reveal can"t wait!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Man, I'm very much digging these latest renders.
Those sketches have pretty much hit the nail on the head. Id say that is the closest possible thing we've seen so far.
Bring on Mid Sept!!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hopefully NO pointy nose. Looks very Corvette-ish...

Fingers crossed that they keep the front end rounded. Will flow well with the rest of the car. Side profile and rear look good. Very clean, simple, low key design. Nothing flashy. Nissan is being very conservative with the design.
The sketches distort the design we saw directly from Nissan via the teasers.
Not the greatest examples.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
It looks like from what's been shown so far Nissan is using some of the retro styling of the original S30 240Z, not being Corvette-ish at all. The S30 series thru 280Z has the pointed hood. But again, seems like a clean design, not overdone.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Really digging that sketch. Would be cool if the production had the name instead of the emblem.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
It won't look anything like the above rendering. They have basically shown the car and that isn't it.
Yes I know that, was pointing out the profile and proportions, not specifics like wheels and front end. It is a little exaggerated but close enough. I like the front end treatment, just a render but gives aggressiveness.

·
Registered
123 Posts
What we will see next week not a prototype in the normal sense. It is basically pre-production. It’s very possible there will be no difference in this and what goes into productio.

·
Registered
49 Posts
What nissan releases next week will basically be production. You can tell based on the latest teaser video that there's nothing there that's wild.

161 - 180 of 180 Posts