Nissan Z Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Maybe some people knew about this but I haven't seen anyone talk about it.

So I decided to contact a Nissan dealership I was waiting to get a call from.
I have been wanting to place an order for the new 2023 Nissan Z, but I was told by a salesperson that they stopped taking orders like 3 weeks ago at the time I asked. This conversation was inperson and that was 2 weeks ago from now. I gave them my contact info and waited.
Got a bit unpatient however. So I contacted them through instagram. The information here may or may not be 100% accurate but I'm sure they get their info from the sales team to begin with.

What do you guys think?

Font Rectangle Parallel Terrestrial plant Screenshot

Only 300 units orderable for Canada? That is ridiculous. I understand the chip shortage but wow...
I have never seen it this bad.

This is located in Toronto Area.

UPDATE 04/12/2022

Spotted this driving around like 10 min from the area where I wanted to order the car.
Tire Wheel Car Hood Vehicle

·
Registered
78 Datsun 280z, 76 280z, 88 300zx Shiro
59 Posts
Hm, that's definitely interesting. I'm wondering if that's just the social media team not really knowing what's going on, and shooting ya any message? 300 sounds like a shot in the dark. I know the first lot of pre-orders are "sold" out, I think the next batch may be summer. I've been keeping my eyes on the Nissan Canada website, and they had originally listed the Z as "available spring 2022" and after that first pre-order launch, it's been changed to "available summer 2022". I think right now it's anyones guess

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hm, that's definitely interesting. I'm wondering if that's just the social media team not really knowing what's going on, and shooting ya any message? 300 sounds like a shot in the dark. I know the first lot of pre-orders are "sold" out, I think the next batch may be summer. I've been keeping my eyes on the Nissan Canada website, and they had originally listed the Z as "available spring 2022" and after that first pre-order launch, it's been changed to "available summer 2022". I think right now it's anyones guess
Summer 2022 would be great news. I don't doubt what you are saying but this "300" amount kinda got me worried. If this is by any means true, then I'll be in line for a very long time.

@TACWolfYT do you know what initial allocations are like at your local dealer? If we can find that out from more Canadian dealers it might eventually help to confirm this info.
Unfortunately I don't know that kind of information. I'm hoping in the next couple weeks however, I'll get more info on all this soon. I am planning to bug some dealers about information. Plus the news on the training program in Brampton on the Z's sound promising.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Unfortunately I don't know that kind of information. I'm hoping in the next couple weeks however, I'll get more info on all this soon. I am planning to bug some dealers about information. Plus the news on the training program in Brampton on the Z's sound promising.
Any info you can get will be much appreciated.
If it's true that Canada will just get 300, then I won't be entirely surprised...
Rectangle Parallel Font Circle Number

·
Registered
86 Posts

I have been wanting to place an order for the new 2023 Nissan Z, but I was told by a salesperson that they stopped taking orders like 3 weeks ago at the time I asked. This conversation was inperson and that was 2 weeks ago from now. I gave them my contact info and waited.
Got a bit unpatient however. So I contacted them through instagram. The information here may or may not be 100% accurate but I'm sure they get their info from the sales team to begin with.

What do you guys think?

View attachment 6278

Only 300 units orderable for Canada? That is ridiculous. I understand the chip shortage but wow...

I better be one of the 300 because I ordered in that 1 week window before you could even pre order it online.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I better be one of the 300 because I ordered in that 1 week window before you could even pre order it online.
Haha, same. I was into my dealership in Jan to "put my name on a list", then was contacted by the sales manager the week before the online pre-order thing went live that he was able to submit my order through their portal to Nissan, and wanted to confirm a few things before firing it off.

·
Registered
66 Posts

What do you guys think?

View attachment 6278

This is coming from a dealership if understand it correctly … so that should tell the story. Anytime you hear “ the dealer said “ you know you can’t count on it .🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
59 Posts
Same. Let's get a tally of users on the 2 forums that have done the same and we will know if this 300 number stacks up.
I wonder if you should start a thread in the Canada forum section. My order for the blue/blue performance was submitted to Nissan on Jan 29th

·
Registered
275 Posts
I cannot tell which dealer mine is, but he said he had 12 pre-orders from that week - this dealer is in the GTA (not downtown).

We can start a thread, I'm lazy af to do it though ngl
Is it one of the bigger Nissan dealers in that region? 12 seems like a lot going off of the 300 unit rumor, almost sounds like flagship dealer level allocations.

·
Registered
3 Posts
From my understanding, my dealership was told by Nissan North America and Nissan Canada that every authorized Z dealership was only getting 2 allotments of each model at first launch/production. 8 cars a dealership. Not every dealer in Canada is authorized for the car (as far as I'm aware), and not every dealer is going to fill all their allocation.

Let's take a shot in the dark and say there are 200 dealerships. Half of them aren't authorized. Of the half that are, I'd make the argument that only half the dealerships will be fully fulling their orders, the other half may fulfill half of their allotment. This does not include the number of people trying to get the same models but is only limited to 2 a dealer (mine wanted to do 4 orders of the Manual Performance Trim, but one had to cancel/sit on a batch 2 list, the other had to change to the Manual sport). Not to mention the number of people who put in orders, but aren't actually going to buy the vehicle (something comes up, price too expensive, bad reviews, don't like the car when they see it, don't want to wait, etc etc etc) so let's say that 1 in every 4 orders get canceled.

200 dealers, 100 authorized, 50 full allotments, 50 half allotments, 25% cancelation rate, that's about 450 Zs

So say production is only doing 300 for the first batch, I assume big cities and dealers who filled all 8 will get them first, that's 2/3rds of the total theoretical interest.

·
Registered
3 Posts
View attachment 6294
One of my friends spotted this literally around the area where I wanted to order... HOW AND WHO IS THIS?! I'm assuming its a dealer that is driving it.
Is this close to toronto?
They currently have a Red and Blue Z they are using for training and demo across town, along with the start of reviews, journalist,s and influencers getting the vehicles.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
View attachment 6294
One of my friends spotted this literally around the area where I wanted to order... HOW AND WHO IS THIS?! I'm assuming its a dealer that is driving it.
This has to be the same red Z that was spotted a couple of weeks ago for dealer training. Any idea where your friend was when he saw it?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
From my understanding, my dealership was told by Nissan North America and Nissan Canada that every authorized Z dealership was only getting 2 allotments of each model at first launch/production. 8 cars a dealership. Not every dealer in Canada is authorized for the car (as far as I'm aware), and not every dealer is going to fill all their allocation.

Let's take a shot in the dark and say there are 200 dealerships. Half of them aren't authorized. Of the half that are, I'd make the argument that only half the dealerships will be fully fulling their orders, the other half may fulfill half of their allotment. This does not include the number of people trying to get the same models but is only limited to 2 a dealer (mine wanted to do 4 orders of the Manual Performance Trim, but one had to cancel/sit on a batch 2 list, the other had to change to the Manual sport). Not to mention the number of people who put in orders, but aren't actually going to buy the vehicle (something comes up, price too expensive, bad reviews, don't like the car when they see it, don't want to wait, etc etc etc) so let's say that 1 in every 4 orders get canceled.

200 dealers, 100 authorized, 50 full allotments, 50 half allotments, 25% cancelation rate, that's about 450 Zs

So say production is only doing 300 for the first batch, I assume big cities and dealers who filled all 8 will get them first, that's 2/3rds of the total theoretical interest.
300 vehicles for the first year seems reasonable given how strenuous production can be these days with supply issues left, right and center. Hopefully that number goes up a bit going forward so there's not backlog of orders.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This has to be the same red Z that was spotted a couple of weeks ago for dealer training. Any idea where your friend was when he saw it?

I believe East of Scarborough. Morningside and 401 area.

300 vehicles for the first year seems reasonable given how strenuous production can be these days with supply issues left, right and center. Hopefully that number goes up a bit going forward so there's not backlog of orders.
Yeah you are right but it still seems like a bit of a low number. I understand like 800 Canada wide but 300 seems too low. That's not enough cars per dealership in such a big country.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts