Nissan Z Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,300 Posts
Really? How different are the Juke Recaros compared to the Nismo 370Z's? Mainly support, comfort?
they look similar but the juke NISMO RS ones had deeper side bolsters. they felt more like a straight aftermarket recaro stuck in the car as that is what it was it was a Recaro Sportster CS reupholstered with NISMO colors. the Z ones had a very similar look especially the backs but you could tell they are more of like a OEM variant. I know some guys in the Z and GTR world tried to make the Juke NISMO RS seats work in their cars but the seat rails were way too high. there might have been a couple people who had rails customized for them to fit. This was the Juke seat RECARO: RECARO - RECARO Sportster CS

the NISMO seats in the US spec GTR like mine are kind of lame. they are just NISMO color OEM GTR black edition seats with alcantara inserts and a recaro badge. the non US spec are top of the line carbon fiber backed $17K Recaro SPX seats. but the US couldnt get them because of some kind of DOT regulation. when I asked nissan why they said the air bag needs to be able to break through the shell or something like that. I bought the reasoning until I saw a Porsche GT3 that had basically the same seat here in the US

here is the seats from my JUKE NISMO RS vs my GTR

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,300 Posts
Juke Nismo RS has the same seats as the 370Z Nismo.

This will sound odd but follow me......The GT-R seats were "made by" Recaro but the Juke and Nismo got straight up Recaro seats.
Mostly yes except the Juke and the Z didnt have the exact same recaros even though they looked very similar. there is a lot going on and a lot of variants among those cars.

shortest summary is the non us spec GTR NISMO seats were the carbon backed $16K Recaro SPX Avant custom made for nissan

the JUKE NISMO RS seats were the recaro sportster custom made for nissan but they wernt the exact same as the 370z ones. they had deeper side bolsters and the seat rails were totally different. I think the Z ones were still the sportster also but some kind of OEM hybrid tweak to them to make them a little higher end. the Juke RS ones are pretty bare bones almost like a track day seat.

now the US spec GTR NISMO seats like I have were just OEM style seats that basically had the recaro name on them sort of kinda made by recaro yes but not an actual product they already sale customized for nissan like the Z and juke. there were guys in the GTR and Z community that tried to source those Juke seats for their cars and either couldnt make it work or had to have totally new fabricated seat rails made.

I would be totally fine with the 370z ones being carried over for the new NISMO. they are great

as for the differences between juke and Z

the 370z NISMO had these

the Juke RS had these again similar but not the same. the side bolsters are more steep and a other differences but overall very very close. the Z had a more OEM feeling center insert too but made sense for a 45K car vs a 30K juke RS

meanwhile I have this 😒 they get the job done but dont have the swag of the other recaros

Vehicle Car Car seat cover Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Super Moderator
1,300 Posts
If the NISMO Z is going to follow the standard car that closely in timeframe then we really need to know ahead of time as this is a fairly big financial decision. I wouldnt want to take delivery of a Z then the NISMO be on sale in 6 months or something. A full model year at least I could handle.

@DAN_PASSE im gonna need a wink or a secret hand signal or something to let me know what to do :ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
1,300 Posts
Will be interesting to see what direction they go in as Nissan a did wing for 350 and first gen 370 nismo but back to lip with most recent 370 nismo. I sort of think a lip might fit the new Z better than a full on wing but either could look good depending on execution.

Don't think they will be going with something in the render as that lists for around $8k. 96030-89S0A

·
Super Moderator
1,300 Posts
Same here. People get too ridiculous with wings sometimes and it takes away from the rest of the car. A nice lip spoiler makes a much better impression to me.

I saw almost guilty of that 😆. I tried to get the N attack higher pillars for my nismo wing (about twice as high as the standard) I ended up not being able to get the part. It looked like this
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Super Moderator
1,300 Posts
there have many many evolutions of the NISMO wing/spoiler on the Z. my fav is probably the factory NISMO 350z one sometimes known as the V3 because it had the rear decklid lip spoiler integrated into the wing. The last version of the 370z went back to a more subtle lip so will be interesting if the new Z continues that trend or not

S-Tune V1

S-Tune V2

V3

370z

V1

S-Tune

V2

·
Super Moderator
1,300 Posts
S-Tune V2 might be my favorite of the bunch. To me it added the right amount of flair to the 350Z

the carbon middle blade was so awesome. I was able to get the authentic V2 front bumper from japan when converting my S-tune to the whole V2 look. but ended up keeping the V1 spoiler on my car ( added a custom carbon base) just because it was so expensive at the time. always wanted that damn spoiler though

·
Super Moderator
1,300 Posts
That's one heck of a find getting a V2 bumper. How did you end up finding it?

when I ran my350z.com.... I met this guy down in FL on the forum. he was pretty wealthy and had some importing connections. he was also like a NISMO fanatic and we got to be friends talking Zs. he bought the authentic S2 kit for his roadster direct from NISMO Japan. he kept it about 6 months and eventually went to a whole different front end ( veilside or something I cant remember) but i bought it from him for like $1500??. but yeah it was the authentic one with the metal badge and everything. It had the painted canards but I also bought carbon canards ( I guess the ones made for the dime a dozen replicas out there) and ran those for a while too.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

·
Super Moderator
1,300 Posts
NISMO Japan announced the NISMO Aura and it includes some next gen NISMO design cues including a NISMO digital dash and new NISMO seats. I could see something similar translated to the Z

·
Super Moderator
1,300 Posts
I think keeping with NISMOs design language you will see some horizontal DRLs aswell

im also thinking the indentions in the bumper below the headlights could/should be opened up as brake ducts

·
Super Moderator
1,300 Posts
this is the same car as this mystery car as it has the old 370z wheels

·
Super Moderator
1,300 Posts
Translated from Best Car Japan.

■Nissan Fairlady Z NISMO (scheduled for summer 2023)
- Put all the technology cultivated in the race

The new Z, for which purchase reservations have begun, is said to be equipped with Nismo specifications around the summer of next year. If Supra is GRMN, Z is Nismo. It's a natural strategy.

The contents of the improvement are in line with other Nismo versions, and in addition to the exclusive interior and exterior with red accents, the suspension is strengthened, and in the case of the Z, there is the possibility of increasing the power of the V6, 3L twin turbo engine from 405ps. .

The tires are likely to be exclusive 20-inch specifications.

The new Z has started participating in super endurance races, and the development of GT4 vehicles is also progressing. There is no doubt that the know-how cultivated in these will be put into this Nismo version. The price is expected to be 8-9 million yen. This is also likely to be a fierce competition.

·
Super Moderator
1,300 Posts
best car is kind of hit or miss on this type stuff but over the years they have had some accurate info. nothing in that paragraph that is really news worthy other than a time frame and the speculative cost which is about that I predicted in another thread we were talking about it being 65K+ or 9 million yen(ish)

·
Super Moderator
1,300 Posts
new render from Best Car Japan

article states look for a debut next summer

Nissan Fairlady Z NISMO (debut summer 2023)
Transplanted the running that has been trained in Super Taikyu

The Nismo version is waiting for the new Z that has just started selling. It is likely to appear around next summer, one year after its release.

Like the existing Nismo version, it is equipped with special equipment with red accents on the interior and exterior, and the suspension and brakes are strengthened to increase the potential.

However, there is a possibility that the new Z will power up the 405ps V6, 3L twin turbo. Of course, 6MT is also set in addition to 9AT.

The new Z has started participating in the Super Endurance Race, and the technical know-how obtained from actual racing has been incorporated into the NISMO version.

Nismo is also proceeding with the development of a GT4 vehicle that will be dedicated to racing, and it is likely that the knowledge gained from that will also be put to good use.

In other words, it will be a more racy and authentic Nismo version than ever before. Compared to the normal 18-inch and 19-inch, the Nismo version has a larger capacity 20-inch tire.

There is also a strengthening of the suspension that corresponds to that, and it seems that you can enjoy a powerful run.

The expected price is 8 million to 9 million yen. Like the improved GT-R model above, there is no doubt that this will also be a fierce competition.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

1 - 20 of 22 Posts