Nissan Z Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 Camaro SS - 1LE
131 Posts
Beefed up 6-speed with CSC elimination from factory would be nice lol. Stronger clutch for sure, along with stronger axles, stiffer springs, mag shocks, and HUD would all be welcome. And of course, more power.

·
Premium Member
2013 Camaro SS - 1LE
131 Posts
Wow if this is true I'll hold out for the Nismo. I have a 5.0 and a g37x I chose the mustang over a 370 because I had the same engine in my Infiniti.

I remember reports from months back mentioning awd and referring to the Nismo Z as a baby skyline. It makes total sense too with the car being built on the q50/q60 platform. The camo cars look larger and maybe the car in Arizona with the huge wheel gap is an awd car? Who knows, but I also have a thing for awd cars. With the mustang already in my garage, I'd prefer an awd Z. Even more excited for the new Z now. It might come down to either a Z or gr86 for me in a few years, but if the Nismo is awd I may have to pony up.
I don't see awd happening, not even in the Nismo. The fact that the new Z is even happening is a miracle - and I highly doubt Nissan will front the cash to develop an awd version. Awd also doesn't make sense for the Z in my opinion as it was always intended on being rwd, short wheelbase, etc. No one knows the future however.

As to the ride height on the test cars, I just think that's what Nissan believes would be most practical for most people.

·
Premium Member
2013 Camaro SS - 1LE
131 Posts
Will be interesting to see what direction they go in as Nissan a did wing for 350 and first gen 370 nismo but back to lip with most recent 370 nismo. I sort of think a lip might fit the new Z better than a full on wing but either could look good depending on execution.

Don't think they will be going with something in the render as that lists for around $8k. 96030-89S0A
Agreed, small duck tail or the like, no wing please. I actually prefer the look of the wingless Proto Z more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts