Nissan Z Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Waiting for this, some of my wish list:

1. Please DON'T overdo the body and aero kits, keep it functional but retain most of the stock profile. No huge wings, taller BRE-style spoiler welcome.
2. Power bump 450+
3. Recaros like offered in the 370Z Nismo with belt slots
4. Data logger
5. Upgraded coilovers and suspension adjustability
6. Stronger clutch
7. Upgraded coolers?
8. Base pricing under $55K, important!!

What do you guys want?

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
What I would like to see in the next Nismo Z would be the things that were applied to the 350z chassis. The 370z, was more so a gimmick when it came to the Nismo, where as the 350Z had a spot welded chassis from Autech, as well as functional aero.
I do agree, that some upgraded bolstered aftermarket seats, like the Recaros, should be added, instead of just a different color OEM seat. Another thing that I think would be awesome, would be to see some of the GT-R bits trickle down, such as the brakes. I hope that Nissan provides a real upgrade in the Nismo model over the generic base and package vehicles.
I'm still thinking about this. It's most likely the new Nismo Z will come out months after the regular production Zs. But, will it contain enough upgrades e.g. chassis bracing (like was done on 350Z), BBK, >30-50hp power bump, current 370Z's sweet Recaros with harness slots? If details come out that it will be mostly body kit and some interior dressing, then I'd rather get the Sport Z and upgrade myself with components I prefer.

Need solid information here before I do any ordering.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Already some inputs here ;) including mine.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Juke Nismo RS has the same seats as the 370Z Nismo.

This will sound odd but follow me......The GT-R seats were "made by" Recaro but the Juke and Nismo got straight up Recaro seats.
Looks like you and @MCN1SMO are consistent about the variants sold. I hope the new Z has the actual Recaros, key points for me are lowest mounting and harness slots. Power is optional, sliders would be nice but height adj not necessary. Low mounting so my helmeted head will fit with room to spare, and I'm planning to get the slicktop Z (no sunroof) to maximize this.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
If similar options are in line with the new Z, the only 'plus' for the Nismo would be factory power bump (warranty) and the Recaros. The rest I can do without, go aftermarket with what I need it for my purpose - lowest weight Sport trim.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Nah, there is no need for an AWD Z, that's territory for the R35/R36. Keeping true to RWD roots, I do hope the suspension is more tuneable than the 370Z, and don't mind various susp settings included - Sport, Track, etc. Ride height, ala Model S Cheetah mode? Too much to ask LOL

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Nissan never, ever teased AWD on the FM Z's. I would be shocked if Nissan offered the Z35 in AWD.
As it is, I plan on replacing my AWD Q60 with a Z35, and I am somewhat torn on that because the Nissan AWD is far better than our Subarus we have owned, and I worry that 400hp+ in a 2 seater RWD coupe in WA State would be a handful 50% of the year due to our weather.
I'd rather NOT have the Z35 to be awd. When I tracked my STi years ago it was faultless handling wise, point and shoot car with mild understeer. But it was never as fun as a rwd platform. Now with the Z35 coming in at 400hp, lots of grins to be expected. More finesse perfecting corners and exits, drifts. Really looking forward to that, but only if the chassis can handle the power. Weight should not be an issue.

Leave the awd with the R35/36 if that lasts in years ahead.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Two things I'm liking here, March 2022 reveal, full specs I hope, and the GT4 campaign, certainly will trickle down to the Nismo, suspension setup, tires, power, etc. I hope Best Car Web is accurate enough on these details.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
If you look at functional wings for Zs, and basically all other tracked cars, the wing level should be close to roof level for best downforce while not disrupting aero coming off the rear. Check out the time attack and SCCA cars. This is best for track use, all other wings like some above are just for looks, some very ugly. For street, the lip or duckbill looks best for the new Z IMO, that's it, kind of completes the droopy rear end.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
there have many many evolutions of the NISMO wing/spoiler on the Z. my fav is probably the factory NISMO 350z one sometimes known as the V3 because it had the rear decklid lip spoiler integrated into the wing. The last 370z went back to a more subtle lip so will be interesting if the new Z continues that trend or not

S-Tune V1
View attachment 1916

S-Tune V2
View attachment 1915

V3

View attachment 1917

370z

V1
View attachment 1918

S-Tune
View attachment 1919

V2

View attachment 1920
Nice! Wonder if they wind tunnel any of those versions, which are most functional, not just for looks.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
NISMO Japan announced the NISMO Aura and it includes some next gen NISMO design cues including a NISMO digital dash and new NISMO seats. I could see something similar translated to the Z

View attachment 2020

View attachment 2018
At the very least I want those Sportsters, maybe even as option for the Sport or Sport/Tech, doubt it though. This is for my harness.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts