Nissan Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
A Z Hybrid doesnt concern USA, Australia, Canada. It does however concern Japan and Europe who have real laws governing emissions.

I know people in general dont care about those markets but there are thousands of Z owners in those markets. In EU obviously we are not getting the car. The only possible business case is a hybrid.

Nissan need to be thinking about the future especially in other markets outside USA.

I get that the sports line is essentially eliminated in Europe. Thats fine because we have alternatives or the older Z.

With the new gigafactory being built for Nissan in UK we will see new models and new platforms being tested anyway. Maybe theyll establish a new line of Sport EV for EU.

Importing a Z commands a 30% premium on VAT and Duties unless you live in Japan for over a year and own the car over 6 months with all fees cleared.

Even in USA these changes will be mandated soon. No ones saying you cant drive a 240Z in the midwest in 2045. Its just regarding new vehicle releases.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Best Car Web has a new article and renderings out about the Nismo Z and the R36 GT-R.

First GT-R.

The information that the best car had obtained so far was that the current model will be discontinued in the fall of 2022, but it will be connected to the next model with a mild hybrid based on the VR38DETT engine.

However, according to this new information, it is said that the next model is being developed with the gasoline turbo engine.

The mild hybrid was planned by Kazutoshi Mizuno, the creator of the GT-R, from the beginning of development.

Although the schedule was delayed due to Mr. Mizuno's retirement from Nissan, it was said that it could be put into practical use in 2022, but I was surprised because it changed to information that the model will be changed with the gasoline engine.

CAFE (average fuel consumption by company) may have a little margin due to its strong e-POWER and EV strategy, but since 2022, noise regulations will become stricter, so it will be suitable for super sports models such as GT-R. It should be a difficult situation.

That is why it was said that the current model will be discontinued next year, but it is a nice miscalculation that the next model can be produced.

Considering the contents of the change, it will be a change that can be said to be a minor change, but there is a high possibility that it will appear as the R36 type, which will be a "full model change" with a model change in terms of sales strategy.

It is expected to be released in early 2023. I would like to inform you of this matter as soon as new information becomes available.

Z has lost the public place for commercial models due to the cancellation of the Tokyo Motor Show scheduled to be held this fall, but it seems that it will be unveiled for the first time at the Tokyo Auto Salon in January next year.

The official release is scheduled for March next year.

The new information is that the NISMO version will be added to this new Z.

In the Skyline, the Z is equipped with V6 and 3L twin turbos that have two specifications of 304ps and 405ps, but the NISMO version is of course 405ps specifications, no, it is rumored that further power-ups will be made.

20-inch tires are installed compared to the normal 19-inch, and the body and suspension are strengthened.

In addition, Z is also developing a GT4 machine, a race category that has been booming in recent years.

Like the GR Supra GT4, it is a race-only model that cannot run on public roads, but it will also be sold to the general public. The Supra GT4 costs 175,000 euros (about 23.45 million yen), and the Z GT4 is likely to be around that price.

Of course, since NISMO is in charge of development and testing, there is a high possibility that this know-how will be applied to commercial models, and potential beyond the conventional NISMO version can be expected.

Nissan's two major sports, GT-R and Z, which Japan is proud of, do not die. It also appeals the future possibilities of internal combustion engines!

R36 type GT-R expected specifications
・ Overall length × Overall width × Overall height: 4730 × 1900 ×
1370mm
・Wheelbase: 2780mm・ Vehicle weight: 1760kg
・ Engine: V6, 3.8L DOHC twin turbo
・ Maximum output / maximum torque: 600ps / 66.0kgm
・ Drive system: 4WD
・ Transmission: 7DCT
・ Expected appearance time: Early 2023
・ Expected price: 15 million yen

● Z35 type Fairlady Z NISMO Expected specifications
・ Overall length × Overall width × Overall height: 4385 × 1850 × 1310mm
・ Wheelbase: 2550mm
・ Vehicle weight
: 1550kg ・ Engine: V6, 3L DOHC twin turbo
・ Maximum output / maximum torque: 405ps / 48.4 kgm
・ Drive system: FR
・ Transmission: 6MT / 9AT
・ Expected appearance time: March 2022
・ Expected price: 7 million yen

·
Super Moderator
404 Posts
If the NISMO Z is going to follow the standard car that closely in timeframe then we really need to know ahead of time as this is a fairly big financial decision. I wouldnt want to take delivery of a Z then the NISMO be on sale in 6 months or something. A full model year at least I could handle.

@DAN_PASSE im gonna need a wink or a secret hand signal or something to let me know what to do :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Two things I'm liking here, March 2022 reveal, full specs I hope, and the GT4 campaign, certainly will trickle down to the Nismo, suspension setup, tires, power, etc. I hope Best Car Web is accurate enough on these details.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Two things I'm liking here, March 2022 reveal, full specs I hope, and the GT4 campaign, certainly will trickle down to the Nismo, suspension setup, tires, power, etc. I hope Best Car Web is accurate enough on these details.
I hope so too. At least timing lines up to make a Tokyo Auto Salon believable and highly possible. It not, it can't be too much longer out from that. Till then we'll have to keep an eye out for NISMO Z prototypes because we've already seen some of the lower trim Z and yet no full production model reveal yet.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Would looove a factory-offered duckbill spoiler like that, too, but I'm sure the aftermarket scene will be all over it in no time.
Aftermarket is where I think it will only be offered. Any preferred brands?

A spoiler like this would be best for the NISMO version.

·
Super Moderator
404 Posts
Will be interesting to see what direction they go in as Nissan a did wing for 350 and first gen 370 nismo but back to lip with most recent 370 nismo. I sort of think a lip might fit the new Z better than a full on wing but either could look good depending on execution.

Don't think they will be going with something in the render as that lists for around $8k. 96030-89S0A

·
Premium Member
2013 Camaro SS - 1LE
129 Posts
Will be interesting to see what direction they go in as Nissan a did wing for 350 and first gen 370 nismo but back to lip with most recent 370 nismo. I sort of think a lip might fit the new Z better than a full on wing but either could look good depending on execution.

Don't think they will be going with something in the render as that lists for around $8k. 96030-89S0A
Agreed, small duck tail or the like, no wing please. I actually prefer the look of the wingless Proto Z more.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Agreed, small duck tail or the like, no wing please. I actually prefer the look of the wingless Proto Z more.
Same here. People get too ridiculous with wings sometimes and it takes away from the rest of the car. A nice lip spoiler makes a much better impression to me.

·
Super Moderator
404 Posts
Same here. People get too ridiculous with wings sometimes and it takes away from the rest of the car. A nice lip spoiler makes a much better impression to me.

I saw almost guilty of that 😆. I tried to get the N attack higher pillars for my nismo wing (about twice as high as the standard) I ended up not being able to get the part. It looked like this
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
591 Posts
I saw almost guilty of that 😆. I tried to get the N attack higher pillars for my nismo wing (about twice as high as the standard) I ended up not being able to get the part. It looked like this
View attachment 1901
But you actually race your car so that makes sense for wanting actual downforce rather than just a showpiece.

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
If you look at functional wings for Zs, and basically all other tracked cars, the wing level should be close to roof level for best downforce while not disrupting aero coming off the rear. Check out the time attack and SCCA cars. This is best for track use, all other wings like some above are just for looks, some very ugly. For street, the lip or duckbill looks best for the new Z IMO, that's it, kind of completes the droopy rear end.

·
Super Moderator
404 Posts
there have many many evolutions of the NISMO wing/spoiler on the Z. my fav is probably the factory NISMO 350z one sometimes known as the V3 because it had the rear decklid lip spoiler integrated into the wing. The last version of the 370z went back to a more subtle lip so will be interesting if the new Z continues that trend or not

S-Tune V1

S-Tune V2

V3

370z

V1

S-Tune

V2

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
there have many many evolutions of the NISMO wing/spoiler on the Z. my fav is probably the factory NISMO 350z one sometimes known as the V3 because it had the rear decklid lip spoiler integrated into the wing. The last 370z went back to a more subtle lip so will be interesting if the new Z continues that trend or not

S-Tune V1
View attachment 1916

S-Tune V2
View attachment 1915

V3

View attachment 1917

370z

V1
View attachment 1918

S-Tune
View attachment 1919

V2

View attachment 1920
Nice! Wonder if they wind tunnel any of those versions, which are most functional, not just for looks.

·
Registered
591 Posts
there have many many evolutions of the NISMO wing/spoiler on the Z. my fav is probably the factory NISMO 350z one sometimes known as the V3 because it had the rear decklid lip spoiler integrated into the wing. The last version of the 370z went back to a more subtle lip so will be interesting if the new Z continues that trend or not

S-Tune V1
View attachment 1916

S-Tune V2
View attachment 1915

V3

View attachment 1917

370z

V1
View attachment 1918

S-Tune
View attachment 1919

V2

View attachment 1920
S-Tune V2 might be my favorite of the bunch. To me it added the right amount of flair to the 350Z

41 - 60 of 74 Posts