Nissan 400Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Camaro SS - 1LE
13 Posts
Thank you, Admin!

So, I'm a track rat - and to that point, I'll run anything with a manual. My 2013 SS-1LE is my track car of choice at the moment, and the new Z will be its stablemate.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Thank you, Admin!

So, I'm a track rat - and to that point, I'll run anything with a manual. My 2013 SS-1LE is my track car of choice at the moment, and the new Z will be its stablemate.

Cheers!
Welcome @because_murica ! At least two of us are track rats here ;) Great that you're considering the new Z, have history with Nissans/Datsuns? One of my track friends runs a ZL1, great handling out of the box, I can't catch him yet, about 4-5 secs off pace in my RB26 in local tracks here.

·
Registered
2013 Camaro SS - 1LE
13 Posts
Welcome @because_murica ! At least two of us are track rats here ;) Great that you're considering the new Z, have history with Nissans/Datsuns? One of my track friends runs a ZL1, great handling out of the box, I can't catch him yet, about 4-5 secs off pace in my RB26 in local tracks here.
Thank you, sir! Good to be here. My apologies for the late reply.

With regards to my history with Nissan/Datsuns, unfortunately, this will be my first venture into the land of anything Nissan. I had the opportunity to build a very clean 300ZX, but passed on it, which I now regret as I feel those cars were/are under appreciated.

That's awesome, what year ZL1? They're heavy cars, and I think a little under-powered, but GM sure as hell did their homework on suspension. The downside is that the track focused ones, such as the SS - 1LE and ZL1- 1LE are a little too harsh on the street lol.

Also, what tracks serve as your usual hangout? I'm mostly at Lime Rock and the smaller tracks in NJ. However, I intend on hitting VIR this year, and maybe, just maybe secure a membership at Monticello Raceway in upstate NY (though at $16k/year it's a hard sell for my girlfriend lol).

41 - 46 of 46 Posts