Nissan Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello Everyone! New here! Been a BIG Z fan and the history of it. The new Z will be my first. I have had many Nissan cars (sedans,SUVs) I now have a 2020 Q50 which I Love driving.

I am from Ontario, Canada! Looking forward to chatting with other Z enthusiasts!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome to the 2022+ Nissan Z Forum!

This thread is for any first-time posters to introduce themselves and give a small description of who they are, as well as any further details they wish to include. We would also like to remind everyone to fill out their profile by uploading an avatar and to fill out the signature section. By doing this, our goal is to help establish a greater sense of community among Nissan Z owners and enthusiasts. Alternatively, you can create your own dedicated introduction thread as many have done already!

Joining us this recently:
Legit had/have Porsche 718 (used) scheduled for shipment today............saw the roll out news this morning and plan on cancelling my purchase when their office opens. Have had multiple 280Z's and willing to wait. for this throwback (kinda interested to see if it comes in before the Bronco I ordered over a year ago). Specs on this appear to be better than the Cayman, and it's a new car for less than a used 718 AND a Z........come on, no brainer. Fingers crossed that it is not plagued w/ similar Ford supply chain issues.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Legit had/have Porsche 718 (used) scheduled for shipment today............saw the roll out news this morning and plan on cancelling my purchase when their office opens. Have had multiple 280Z's and willing to wait. for this throwback (kinda interested to see if it comes in before the Bronco I ordered over a year ago). Specs on this appear to be better than the Cayman, and it's a new car for less than a used 718 AND a Z........come on, no brainer. Fingers crossed that it is not plagued w/ similar Ford supply chain issues.
Welcome to the forum @lxatoledo! Hopefully everything goes smoothly with cancelling your purchase. Have you thought about how you're going to spec your Z?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Welcome @lxatoledo.
Did you consider any other sports cars before deciding to go with the new Z?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I owned a B210 hatchabck back in the day but never a Z , always admired them and plan on owning one . I do have a deposit on one .

·
Registered
1989 JDM z32TT 2+2
4 Posts
Thanks for the shout out @Administrator

The z32 below is currently my 3rd. She's a 1989 RHD TT 2+2, lowered on BC coilovers with R32 wheels.

Hopefully I can add the new z to my stable of mean machines

·
Registered
687 Posts
I owned a B210 hatchabck back in the day but never a Z , always admired them and plan on owning one . I do have a deposit on one .
Welcome!
Did you own any sports cars over the years?
How soon are you planning to get the Z?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome @lxatoledo.
Did you consider any other sports cars before deciding to go with the new Z?
I am a 78 guy.........my first one, after years of sophomoric driving, had some blow-by and my old man did me a graduation "favor" selling my Z and bying t me a newer RX-7 (smooth but under powered).. Wrecked RX-Got another 78 but didn't drive it enough because of kids/family so seals dried out while I was gone on a business assignment, fixed and sold. I figured I'd sell and revisit a sports car later. Bought my first Porsche---- pretty freaking impressive and beautiful, but reality set in and cost of mid-engine up-keep was about to send me to financial ruin. I sold it waiting the new Bronco ETA April 2021-Ordered June 2020 BTW. Now annoyed that the new Bronco has been delayed and needing a daily driver, I became a cry-baby looking for a sports car again. As mentioned, I had a 718 ordered and ready to ship from Houston on the 17th. This announcement came out on the 17th. Math was easy-- new car, a Z, for similar dollars as a used Porsche and better performance specs than the Cayman....

I don' t care about how it is spec'd out, I am just jazzed to know it is on the horizon. (haven't liked any of the post 70's body styles, but love the throw back nature of this ride.)

·
Registered
687 Posts
I am a 78 guy.........my first one, after years of sophomoric driving, had some blow-by and my old man did me a graduation "favor" selling my Z and bying t me a newer RX-7 (smooth but under powered).. Wrecked RX-Got another 78 but didn't drive it enough because of kids/family so seals dried out while I was gone on a business assignment, fixed and sold. I figured I'd sell and revisit a sports car later. Bought my first Porsche---- pretty freaking impressive and beautiful, but reality set in and cost of mid-engine up-keep was about to send me to financial ruin. I sold it waiting the new Bronco ETA April 2021-Ordered June 2020 BTW. Now annoyed that the new Bronco has been delayed and needing a daily driver, I became a cry-baby looking for a sports car again. As mentioned, I had a 718 ordered and ready to ship from Houston on the 17th. This announcement came out on the 17th. Math was easy-- new car, a Z, for similar dollars as a used Porsche and better performance specs than the Cayman....

I don' t care about how it is spec'd out, I am just jazzed to know it is on the horizon. (haven't liked any of the post 70's body styles, but love the throw back nature of this ride.)
Your background and switch from a 718 sort of reminds me of this more extreme switch I read about.

Do you think you'll miss any things that Porsche specializes in?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome to the forum everyone!
What are you all driving at the moment while waiting for the new Z?
Thanks for having me. I started a new discussion thread where I introduce myself, my current daily driver, and what Z I want to purchase. Please everyone check it out. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I'm Bill from Vancouver Island. I drive an army green '20 4Runner TRD Pro these days but I've been searching for a sporty car since I sold my old '01 Prelude in spring '20. I've been on the civic forum, gr86 forum and now, the Z forum. I think this has to be the one for me. Fingers 🤞!

·
Registered
2019 Civic Type-R
4 Posts
Hey everyone! I just posted my own thread before realizing there was this mass new member intro thread. I feel like I should say hello in here too. I've had mostly Honda's in the past. I daily a nearly indestructible 2013 Tacoma, and my fun car is a 2019 Civic Type-R. I've been wanting a true Japanese sports car for a some time. An S2000 successor would be my first choice, but it doesnt exist. A new NSX is out of my price range, and the MX5 and 86/BRZ don't really do it for me. While I've been eying the Supra....it's just not right. I've been keeping an eye on the new Z since the proto came out last year, but with this months reveal of the production model, Nissan shot to the top of my list. From what I've seen so far, I love this car.

·
Administrator
71 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello from ATL!
I have wanted to own a Z since I was a kid. My mother had a Blue 1983 280ZX and that was the car I drove to get my drivers license. I currently have a tricked out Maxima SV and a Q70s. I am super excited about the new TT Z and can’t wait to customize so I can make it my own. Blue is my favorite color, So I will have to go with the Blue Performance model.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hello from ATL!
I have wanted to own a Z since I was a kid. My mother had a Blue 1983 280ZX and that was the car I drove to get my drivers license. I currently have a tricked out Maxima SV and a Q70s. I am super excited about the new TT Z and can’t wait to customize so I can make it my own. Blue is my favorite color, So I will have to go with the Blue Performance model.
Welcome to the forum @Pharaoh_Uno! That's awesome your mom had a 280ZX! Would you get the blue interior along with the Seiran Blue paint?

What kind of mods do you have to your Maxima?

·
Registered
2 Posts
@Rusty Thanks for the warm welcome!

Not sure about the blue interior just yet. Will have to see it in person to decide. As far as mods to the Max, there are many!

2010 Maxima SV Sport
Nismo Z BBK w/Custom PowderCoating
Z1 BBK Rotors Slotted and Drilled
Custom Wheels Adventus AVX-6 20x8.5 F & 20x10 R
KSport Kontrol Pro Coilovers (rides great!)
Fenders rolled
Moog Endlinks front & rear
Voodoo13 Toe Arms
SPC Camber Arms
K&N Intake
Resonator Delete
…and many more that I can’t recall right now 😅

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
Thanks for setting up the forum. I am not yet sure If I will buy a Z, at this point it will depend on a few things. I used to own a 92 300ZX 2+0 N/A, I have loved and missed that car ever since.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

I will be looking at the Rosewood red
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

or Pearl white Z with the red interior depending on how dark the red interior ends up being.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

I would love to hear of a Targa or T-top in the future however it seems Nissan does not agree. Thank you to the creators of these 2 color previews I cannot wait to see them in person!

81 - 100 of 105 Posts