Nissan 400Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome! How long have you had your 350Z?
Thanks! About little over half a year now. Needs paint and wheels. Its this car that made me realize i want something newer. (The jump from s30 to z33 felt like a time warp)

Reactions: Rusty

·
Registered
19 Posts
I love the body kit and wheels. Did you do that or did you but it like that?
Yo thanks, it was me. The wheels were the previous owner. I was intending on getting some forged ones but covid put that on hold.

·
Registered
19 Posts
No problem at all you did a great job. Where's the kit from? Some forged wheels would be cool as well.
Only have the front bumper at the moment, it's an INGS+1 . The wing is an AMUSE

·
Registered
8 Posts
Greetings everyone, new member here, long time (VERY long time) car enthusiast. I've owned well over 100 cars in getting close to 50 years (!!!) of driving. So yeah, I'm old and old-school (ugly too). I've owned several Nissans including some old Z's (260Z, 280Z) and newer Infiniti's (three G coupes, 35 and 37). Am eagerly awaiting and keeping my fingers crossed that Nissan really does build a 400Z, and offers it with a manual transmission.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome to the forum @AnalogMan! That's quite the car history, what are you currently driving?
Thanks THaskins! Currently driving a 2019 Subaru WRX (the 'practical' daily driver), a 2019 Subaru BRZ (the throw-back 'sports car' that reminds me of the 60s/70s sports cars I used to drive back in the 70s/80s), and a 2015 Mustang GT (because my first car was a Mustang, and all old guys buy either Mustangs or Corvettes)(and everybody should have a V8), plus my wife's Subaru Crosstrek.

Likely to sell all 3 of my cars in the foreseeable future. The WRX because even though it's a blast to drive, the ride is just too stiff and jittery for more than a couple of hours for my 60-something aging body; the BRZ because I'd love to replace it with a 400Z (IF Nissan actually makes it, and BIGGER IF it's offered with a manual transmission), and the Mustang GT because the construction quality is disappointing, and if I'm going to have an unreliable car that needs constant tinkering, I might as well get another old car like I used to have.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Thanks THaskins! Currently driving a 2019 Subaru WRX (the 'practical' daily driver), a 2019 Subaru BRZ (the throw-back 'sports car' that reminds me of the 60s/70s sports cars I used to drive back in the 70s/80s), and a 2015 Mustang GT (because my first car was a Mustang, and all old guys buy either Mustangs or Corvettes)(and everybody should have a V8), plus my wife's Subaru Crosstrek.

Likely to sell all 3 of my cars in the foreseeable future. The WRX because even though it's a blast to drive, the ride is just too stiff and jittery for more than a couple of hours for my 60-something aging body; the BRZ because I'd love to replace it with a 400Z (IF Nissan actually makes it, and BIGGER IF it's offered with a manual transmission), and the Mustang GT because the construction quality is disappointing, and if I'm going to have an unreliable car that needs constant tinkering, I might as well get another old car like I used to have.
That makes sense, I don't blame you for wanting to downsize. Hopefully the 400Z meets your expectations. If (god forbid) it doesn't is there anything else you're eyeing? Also how do you find the Crosstrek? My sister has one and loves it.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Welcome @AnalogMan! I too am not a spring chicken anymore. Had my share of cars - 5 240Zs, '08 G35S, 1st Gen RX-7 autocrosser, '05 STi (what a blast on track, so forgiving), E46 M3 - now just waiting....... :/

21 - 31 of 31 Posts