Nissan Z Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
"Not bad" here having the meaning "wildly out of bounds if that were to be the actual price in the US," of course.
Couldn't agree more - and thanks for the laugh!

I looked at the ratio of the new coupe price to the old Nismo price in Aus and then took that same ratio (118%) and applied it to the last Canadian Nismo MSRP, and got an estimated $59K CAD for the new Z here in what is essentially the Performance trim. Sorry Nissan, that is a no-go for me and I suspect many others.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I think the price conversion actually works out to be a bit lower when considering how the Armada/Patrol is priced in both markets.

But I could be wrong.

Armada Base Pricing (U.S.)
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

Nissan Patrol Base Pricing:
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Product

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think the price conversion actually works out to be a bit lower when considering how the Armada/Patrol is priced in both markets.

But I could be wrong.

Armada Base Pricing (U.S.)
View attachment 6938

Nissan Patrol Base Pricing:
View attachment 6937
That seems like reasonable logic to me. Fingers crossed. I could afford $60k but I'm not spending that on a toy I can only drive eight months of the year. Also thinking about sales tax and ceramic coating I'll need day one. And the exhaust thing on the mt kills it for me, that's another $2k right there. (n)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've spent way more time that I thought going through the configurator :ROFLMAO:
The last few cars I have bought I have been able to configure just about everything.

They got me here, I pushed the "select" button thinking I could look at wheel options, change the interior, perhaps get some nice carbon bits and so on. Yeah nah, other than the colour you can select the one option they have. Not sure what the point is?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"Not bad" here having the meaning "wildly out of bounds if that were to be the actual price in the US," of course.
We get severely reamed on cars down here, even from Japan.

For reference, my current car (2019 M2C) was $120K down here. The new RS3 and M240 are both going to be around $110K + GST , the new M2 is rumored to be around $150K, the base model Corvette is $140K and so on.

When the Z was first talked about they were saying it was going to be around the $70K mark which would have made it very tasty. At at least $88K I'm not sure there is enough difference between the Z and others?

I also thought it was going to have more than 298Kw?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just don't know...$70k driveway I'd be all over it, just not sure what else interests me. Perusing carsales, always wanted a Porsche Boxster - driving a 981 & 718 back to back against my heavy V8 Lexus IS F back a few years ago had me sold on mid-engined lightness. Today I looked over F-Type Jag, the Supra, M2, Audi RS3....even thought about going back to basics for light weight lower-class - Abarth 124 came close to buying new in circa 2016 but the 2nd market prices just drive me to new cars because I detest paying what people are asking or 5-10yo vehicles. After wavering I think I'm back at my Seiran Blue manual that I put myself on the list for last year with small deposit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts