Nissan Z Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if any current owners, or people who have just thought it out already, have figured out the best place to put a phone mount in the car?

I used to use a CD slot magnetic mount in my WRX (wedged in the head-unit's gap between it and the actual trim), but there's no CD player & no gaps to exploit here in the Z. I've found a couple of ideas on mounting in the screens blank bezel area with a suction cup or adhesive style mount but, suction cups suck, and adhesive - no thank you on the screen... The other idea I had, and I haven't found any mounts that would fit this, is using the small gap above the USB ports to put a, probably custom, wedge mount with an arm up infront / to the side of the A/C controls.

Hoping y'all got some better ideas!

· Registered
12 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! Not a big fan of this style and the way it sticks out from the back of the phone like that, but I'll keep it in mind if nothing else pops up.

I'll wait for Pro Clip to come out with their mount - love their stuff
Looks promising! Interesting enough that they list a 'Z' already on the site but it's showing 350Z years/mounts. Maybe they'll have new Z stuff soon?

Isn't CarPlay or Android Auto a replacement for this? Do you need a phone mount?
Yes & no. CarPlay is super limited and doesn't show notifications for - well - pretty much everything. That and I am not a fan of the split UI with maps & music, so in previous cars I usually have my phone mounted and then have maps on CarPlay & music on the phone mounted. Maybe it stems from the whole 'dual monitor' workflow on my home PC & work laptop setups that I just prefer multiple screens lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts