Nissan Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Mazda RX-8 GT
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Planning on reserving a new Z when they're available, wanted to get started on the forum as well. I'm coming from a 2005 Mazda RX-8 (it's still running!), and honestly I love the rotary, but it will be nice to have something that's fast by today's standards.

Looking forward to the discussions.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Welcome to the forum! @Metal! You've come to the right place or Z news/discussion. Have you owned any Z's before or is this going to be your first?

·
Registered
2005 Mazda RX-8 GT
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum! @Metal! You've come to the right place or Z news/discussion. Have you owned any Z's before or is this going to be your first?
It's gonna be my first Z. I've ridden in and driven others though, mainly 350's. One of my best friend's had a really clean Z32 for a while that was amazingly enjoyable to drive.

·
Registered
658 Posts
It's gonna be my first Z. I've ridden in and driven others though, mainly 350's. One of my best friend's had a really clean Z32 for a while that was amazingly enjoyable to drive.
Well all signs are pointing to the new Z/400Z being a really good car so not bad at all for it to be your first. Is your RX-8 stock or modified?

·
Registered
2005 Mazda RX-8 GT
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well all signs are pointing to the new Z/400Z being a really good car so not bad at all for it to be your first. Is your RX-8 stock or modified?
I've done a few things, mostly for reliability. I gutted the cat, put in upgraded ignition coils, and a reinforced clutch pedal (the oem ones are known to break while driving...mine did on the highway).

It does have the mazdaspeed suspension, full Mazdaspeed body kit (I've got a different front bumper on in the pic), and Rays forged Mazdaspeed wheels too though in the looks department.
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
24 Posts
I own a 2017 370Z with the following mods (among others):
-Stillen Gen 3 dual CAI, Fast Intentions resonated high-flow cats, Tanabe Y-pipe, EcuTek tune- dynoed at 303whp
-HKS Hipermax IV SP coilovers, Whiteline sway bars, Voodoo 13 adjustable upper A-arms, rear camber & traction arms
-ZSpeed Performance upgraded clutch & CSC bypass
-Setrab oil cooler
-Wavetrac differential
-Nismo '13-'14 5-spoke 19" forged wheels by Rays Engineering w/ 275 front tires & 295 rear tires

It's a blast! The stock understeer is gone and it handles like a 240SX (which I owned way back) with 2.5 times the power. You will LOVE the "400Z" (supposedly will just be called the "Z"). The twin turbo V6 engine can be easily modded to 450hp without even trying. It will be more finicky on maintenance than the current Z's V6, non-turbo engine (have to pay more attention to oil level, etc.). That's what SpecialtyZ has told me, which is one of the best Z tuners in the country. But nothing to shy away from. Nissan fixed the issue of the drive belt coming off which would happen to some of the Q50/Q60's. It's a true Nissan as well- engine made in Japan, assembly at the Tochigi plant where the GT-R is assembled.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome to the greatest Japanese manufacturer of sports cars!

·
Registered
2005 Mazda RX-8 GT
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh man, that's
Welcome @Metal. Any specs you hope we get in the new Z?
Oh man, that's the question of the year with all the speculation going around. All I really need is a manual, and the TT v6. What I'm hoping for though is a decent sound system, or at least options for upgrading easily. I do a lot of home/car audio stuff, and often times the premium bose systems make it a pain to do any upgrades (a needless amount of speakers, sub par quality, and individual amps for the main speakers). The last thing I want to do is rip apart the enitre interior of a new car. Also a curb weight of 3000 lbs or under would be preferable.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I've done a few things, mostly for reliability. I gutted the cat, put in upgraded ignition coils, and a reinforced clutch pedal (the oem ones are known to break while driving...mine did on the highway).

It does have the mazdaspeed suspension, full Mazdaspeed body kit (I've got a different front bumper on in the pic), and Rays forged Mazdaspeed wheels too though in the looks department. View attachment 1170
The cosmetic upgrades are a nice touch, especially the wheels. How fast were you going when the pedal broke?!

·
Registered
2005 Mazda RX-8 GT
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The cosmetic upgrades are a nice touch, especially the wheels. How fast were you going when the pedal broke?!
I was on a straight highway entrance ramp doing about 80 to get ahead of the traffic to merge. When the clutch pedal became fully depressed to shift into 6th, I felt all of the tension/weight disappear; I took my foot off and the pedal just flopped to the left like 45° and stayed against the firewall. Basically one of the spot welds on the bracket broke and it just hung from the remaining one. Luckily my house was less than a mile off the highway, so I could cruise most of the way home in 6th. I also didn't have to stop at all which was nice. Downshiftimg without the clutch was pretty rough though, I used to practice upshifting without it for fun sometimes so that part wasn't too bad.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I was on a straight highway entrance ramp doing about 80 to get ahead of the traffic to merge. When the clutch pedal became fully depressed to shift into 6th, I felt all of the tension/weight disappear; I took my foot off and the pedal just flopped to the left like 45° and stayed against the firewall. Basically one of the spot welds on the bracket broke and it just hung from the remaining one. Luckily my house was less than a mile off the highway, so I could cruise most of the way home in 6th. I also didn't have to stop at all which was nice. Downshiftimg without the clutch was pretty rough though, I used to practice upshifting without it for fun sometimes so that part wasn't too bad.
Glad to hear you were able to get home safe. I'd be freaking out if that happened to me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts