Nissan 400Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner

21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Put me down as a fan for redline (solid red), or perhaps another metallic red shade.
Most sports cars look great in red. Have you seen the Mazda Soul Red?! That pigment and paint application is unique.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I’ve only owned black Zs. I always told myself “never again” because they get so dirty so quickly. But we all know that Black is the nicest color but only when it’s clean. If they offer a gunmetal gray, maybe I’ll go with that instead.

·
Super Moderator
167 Posts
I’ve only owned black Zs. I always told myself “never again” because they get so dirty so quickly. But we all know that Black is the nicest color but only when it’s clean. If they offer a gunmetal gray, maybe I’ll go with that instead.

part of me is leaning toward the boulder gray peal type color that nissan has recently added to their new car line ups if available. I think the carbon areas on the proto car will probably ended being painted black like the roof because when the production car arrives lets be honest we arnt getting carbon aero on a sub 50K car. so a gray will give you some contrast there along with the roof which looks to be black no matter what color you get the car....

now with all that said its probably a waste of time to read those two sentences above has I havent had a non black nissan since 2003.. so when i literally have to pull the trigger on a order probably gonna be black..but allow me to pretend it wont be for a while ;)

·
Registered
410 Posts
part of me is leaning toward the boulder gray peal type color that nissan has recently added to their new car line ups if available. I think the carbon areas on the proto car will probably ended being painted black like the roof because when the production car arrives lets be honest we arnt getting carbon aero on a sub 50K car. so a gray will give you some contrast there along with the roof which looks to be black no matter what color you get the car....

now with all that said its probably a waste of time to read those two sentences above has I havent had a non black nissan since 2003.. so when i literally have to pull the trigger on a order probably gonna be black..but allow me to pretend it wont be for a while ;)
If I were a betting man I'd say black will end up being the top color for the Z. Unless Nissan surprises us with some more unique stuff.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I still want some of the 'heritage' colors kept, like Daytona Blue and Sunset Orange, and a version of metallic black with plum or purple pigments which are awesome under proper lighting. Just staying away from white and the proto yellow, in my case.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am really hoping that they won't use magnetic black and go with their super black.
If the colors on the new Rogue is any indication, there might be a good chance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Gotta be white :cool:

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
That mustard yellow looks sick! Much better than the weak yellow of the proto. Blue rendering looks sweet also.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Man, I hope Nissan comes up with some interesting Z colors. Across the board, Nissan's recent colors are languishing. Most Nissans share the same damn color palette, except for 1 special color for a very few models.

I hope the colors for the Z are all bespoke from the plebeian line up. Tired of that tomato red and dark blue colors they have.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm really hoping there is a reintroduction of a purple color to the new Z line up. It would also be awesome if some of the GT-R colors were available for the Z.

·
Super Moderator
167 Posts
. It would also be awesome if some of the GT-R colors were available for the Z.
on one hand I would love to see something like they matte gray from the NISMO GTR on the Z . that color was kind of a disaster through. they made like 9 of them total before discontinuing it. some of the cars had peeling issues and a nightmare to ever try to color match it.

Fun fact though the base coat was actually just KAD gun metallic we have seen on Zs and GTRs for years. the entire matte effect was just in the multipart clearcoat process. Ive seen guys wrap their gun metallic cars in a low sheen wrap and it came out looking really close to the real thing.

·
Registered
45 Posts
on one hand I would love to see something like they matte gray from the NISMO GTR on the Z . that color was kind of a disaster through. they made like 9 of them total before discontinuing it. some of the cars had peeling issues and a nightmare to ever try to color match it.

Fun fact though the base coat was actually just KAD gun metallic we have seen on Zs and GTRs for years. the entire matte effect was just in the multipart clearcoat process. Ive seen guys wrap their gun metallic cars in a low sheen wrap and it came out looking really close to the real thing.
I do feel like nearly every sports car manufacture has a variation of that color. I've made a few other post so far on the forum, and have added photos I took of the car. The body lines are strong, so I hope to see the car in its production colors, and find a color that really allows the body lines to be seen. The launch color for the proto hides a lot of the details on the car.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Guys this is what I’m seeing. The proto’s overall clean design with many subtle lines and creases do seem to be hidden with that color, and I would guess the same with other light colors esp white. Metallics and darks will make them pop more. Thoughts?

21 - 40 of 86 Posts