Nissan Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Aurora Green could be interesting with the purple hue it evidently has to it. I kind of hope that the Akatsuki Copper makes it just for something weird. Still, I am of a mind that there should be some more wild offerings (read: brighter, bolder colors).
Back in college (late 1980’s) I had a metallic Copper 280ZX. I loved that color and hope to see the Z offer anything in the copper to brown range as long as it’s metallic. Orange for a Z, sunset or otherwise, is an absolute must.

·
Registered
81 Posts
What does everyone think of this color?

View attachment 1140 View attachment 1141
That is looking good. I have been wondering about Monarch Orange on the Z35.

Might be interesting to play with an all bodycolor roof, or just the center blacked out, with the A-pillars, roof side rails, and rear hatch around the rear glass being body color...

Might go with some medium gray wheels that aren't quite so dark, or something with a partial edge machined finish. Dark wheels just kind of disappear.

Just add the little duck tail spoiler in Carbon Fiber to the back of the hatch, and this is the new Fairlady Z 432.

4 cams, 3 liters, 2 turbos. ;-)

·
Registered
81 Posts
There's some interesting colors in this batch. Gun metallic and tinted red stand out for me.

Akatsuki Copper

View attachment 1119

Aurora Green

View attachment 1120

Burgundy

View attachment 1121

Ceramic Grey

View attachment 1122

Gun Metallic

View attachment 1123

Pearl Black

View attachment 1124

Pearl Blue

View attachment 1125

Pearl White

View attachment 1126

Tinted Red

View attachment 1127

Warm Silver

View attachment 1128
There are a lot of very nice looking colors there... I might add monarch orange (current Nissan color a bit bolder orange than the copper, but that copper may actually be a bit more sophisticated looking.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The 240Z did come with shade of BRG but not sure if only certain years. That would look great if metallic on the new Z. If someone can render it.
The S30 Z was offered in Emerald Green (a medium brighter green) and Racing Green, which was a darker BRG-like metallic, and probably another non-metallic darker green.

One of my favorite internet pictures of classic Zs is actually a 280Z 2+2...

Then there are other options like lighter more silver-infused green paints

A new Z35 would do well in either of those sorts of green... although a bolder Lizard/Viper green non-metallic (sort of a glossy 'grabber' race car color) is probably more in fashion recently, and not one of my personal favorites.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
I would think some of the Rogue and Frontier colors will carry over to the new Z, financially making sense for Nissan. I do like the Boulder Gray and Sunset Drift.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Nissan has long reused colors across multiple models, and Infiniti's too.
I'm not too happy that my Q60 is the same color as an older Sentra!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I wonder what the comparison between Sunset Drift Chromaflair on the Rogue, vs. Monarch Orange on the Sentra, in real life, not just marketing images. I would hesitate on most cars to buy orange... but I am thinking that the Nissan Z35 would be a natural choice in one of these colors, rather than yellow, white, red, blue, or a myriad of grayscales.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
I wonder what the comparison between Sunset Drift Chromaflair on the Rogue, vs. Monarch Orange on the Sentra, in real life, not just marketing images. I would hesitate on most cars to buy orange... but I am thinking that the Nissan Z35 would be a natural choice in one of these colors, rather than yellow, white, red, blue, or a myriad of grayscales.
Remember the Sunset Orange 350Z? Still a fav color with deep metallics. It pops, aggressive, plus for me very visible on track.

We need more hints on the palette besides yellow, gray, and silver so far.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Another wish-list color...aggressive! BMW Individual color option.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Just saw this, moving it up on my fav color list!

I hope Nissan offers enough color choices, maybe similar to what BMW offers, Individual Colors on certain trims.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just saw this, moving it up on my fav color list! I hope Nissan offers enough color choices, maybe similar to what BMW offers, Individual Colors on certain trims.
BMW has more freedom to customize colors with the amount they charge for their model lines. That's not the way a volume OEM like Nissan has their Z35 production line set up. Expect great value for money, but only 8-9 different colors on offer for their first year production.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nissan is going to give us "Average Corporate Nissan" colors like they always have.
I wouldn't say that, either. Nissan product planners are probably tearing their hair out RIGHT NOW trying to come up with some attractive, contemporary paint options. Their automated paint process and QC is first rate, so the color choices have to be the key. Nissan typically comes up with some basic color options, with 2-3 wilder shades thrown in.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I wouldn't say that, either. Nissan product planners are probably tearing their hair out RIGHT NOW trying to come up with some attractive, contemporary paint options. Their automated paint process and QC is first rate, so the color choices have to be the key. Nissan typically comes up with some basic color options, with 2-3 wilder shades thrown in.
I'm not really up to speed on the last few Z generations, I have a Q60 myself. But, AFAIK Nissan hasn't, or more accurately I haven't seen, any special colors in the last few decades. I know the 350Z came in a nice copper color, but I don't recall the 370Z being offered in anything other than corporate Nissan colors.

Nissan seems to run these colors way too long. I do HOPE that the new Z will have a better palette of colors. Heck, my Q60 is that tomato-soup "NAH" color that has been on cars as low as the Versa, all the way up to Infinitis for well over a decade now.

I was looking a new Armada, totally let down that besides it not having the 9AT yet, they somehow managed to continue offering the new Armada with "Average Corporate Nissan" colors again. I mean, I ain't holding out much hope for the Z. I'll be OK with a white or something.

Heck, bought my wife a new Corolla Hatchback in "Blue Flame" color. I can't believe that Toyota would offer such an interesting color on a car that was so typically beige.

·
Registered
81 Posts
...so the color choices have to be the key. Nissan typically comes up with some basic color options, with 2-3 wilder shades thrown in.
Undoubtedly they'll have the silver and gray that have leaked.
Black and classic japanese motorsport white are almost certain as well

Colors this is where the speculation comes in.

They seem to have two different orange options at the moment... both with black roofs.
Monarch Orange on the Sentra that is a bit brighter
Sunset Drift Chromaflair on the Rogue is a bit darker - I hope this one makes it

They will likely offer a yellow option, to allow people to order a color resembling the Proto...
and a bright yellow is also a good reason for a darker, more sophisticated orange.

There will likely be a red tone, but it could be either bright and glossy, or a richer more metallic option

Caspian Blue would be nice, but they could go with the more "smurf" glossy but non-metallic color, more like Sentra's Electric Blue. Or they could go the other direction and make one that is much darker.

I would love to see a metallic rich green, but that doesn't seem to be an option that is very common, even on performance cars. Mustang and GT86 both made that a limited run special edition (Bullitt and Hakone, respectively, rather than making green a standard production color)

I don't know that Z would do well with a darker bronze, or a pale de-saturated gold (beige) option, so I hope they choose some of the bolder colors above, instead.

The recent fashion is to do some sort of 'ceramic' looking color... so who knows if Nissan will offer one of those on Z35.

Sunset Drift Chromaflair with bodycolor roof rails, and only the center roof panel blacked out between the windshield and the rear hatch glass would be my preference, but if they offer it, it may come with the whole roof blackout like the Sentra, Rogue, and Z Proto already show.

61 - 80 of 99 Posts