Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

posted in the bigger active forum. Use youtube auto translate for english

prices for us market he states in the end of video
Base sport $39,900
Performance $49,990
Proto spec $52,900
imo horrible price point by nissan if true we will know officially by sunday but given how this man was in vegas with all other embargoed youtubers, this is most likely true.

·
Registered
78 Datsun 280z, 76 280z, 88 300zx Shiro
58 Posts
I find it interesting that the Proto spec is only 2-3k more than the performance. For a very limited edition 240 car run, that seems a little odd. And the 10k gap between the base and performance seems a bit much

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I find it interesting that the Proto spec is only 2-3k more than the performance. For a very limited edition 240 car run, that seems a little odd. And the 10k gap between the base and performance seems a bit much
3k makes sense because all you are getting is diff caliper color(yellow) yellow accent interior and bronze rays (same wheel as performance) not really much you can sell there for a higher pricepoint

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Don't worry the dealer markups will make up for that different between the Proto Spec and performance Zs...:cry:

·
Registered
200 Posts
50k is too high for the performance. I've been saying that since the beginning.

There's a lot of people who want this car at a price point 45k and under. You're going to lose those buyers because they don't have options choices. For example, maybe they don't want cloth, or they want a better sound system, they can't just add those options to a base, instead they need to jump up to a performance that costs 50k.

That's a big price jump vs adding a few key options that might get them into the vehicle.

·
Registered
66 Posts
It’s more than a BIT much. It’s bull shit ! By the way it’s puts me out of the market 🤬😡💣

·
Registered
386 Posts
There's simply no sane reason to price the Z within shouting distance of the comparable Supra (the base 3.0 is extremely close to the Performance Z, spec-wise).

Unacceptably sloppy.

·
Registered
200 Posts
If they were going to go this route then only two trims is simply not enough.

Sport (base) has none of the higher end creature comforts you may want. Performance has literally every option checked off.

That means pricing wise you either get the lowest or highest price Z.

You cannot, for example, get a performance oriented Z that has the bigger brakes, lightweight wheels, synchro rev, limited slip diff, but leaves OFF the leather, bigger screen, bose, etc.

Conversely you cannot get a Z that leaves off some performance goodies but keeps the touring oriented options.

Kind of frustrating if true.

·
Registered
386 Posts
If they were going to go this route then only two trims is simply not enough.

Sport (base) has none of the higher end creature comforts you may want. Performance has literally every option checked off.

That means pricing wise you either get the lowest or highest price Z.

You cannot, for example, get a performance oriented Z that has the bigger brakes, lightweight wheels, synchro rev, limited slip diff, but leaves OFF the leather, bigger screen, bose, etc.

Conversely you cannot get a Z that leaves off some performance goodies but keeps the touring oriented options.

Kind of frustrating if true.
Yeah, some of us have definitely been pounding this drum since the announcement of the binary trim structure. It's really foolish. I mean, look at the 2020 Z trims (and that's after they pared it down from previous years):

Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Prices1 (MSRP) for the 2020 Nissan 370Z Coupe and 370Z NISMO:
370Z Coupe 6MT$30,090 USD
370Z Coupe 7AT$31,490 USD
370Z Coupe Sport 6MT$33,820 USD
370Z Coupe Sport 7AT$35,070 USD
370Z Coupe Sport Touring 7AT$39,490 USD
370Z Coupe NISMO 6MT$45,790 USD
370Z Coupe NISMO 7AT$47,190 USD

1 - 20 of 20 Posts