Nissan Z Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I pre ordered my yellow Z. But I really want those wheels. Do you guys think it can be an option? If not, you think it can be specially ordered?

Never thought I would be into yellow cars or even bronze wheels. But seeing this car changed my mind! I love it!

I hope it can be option

·
Registered
51 Posts
There have been several statements from Nissan reps that the bronze wheels are specific to the Proto spec cars and will not be available as an option. I also seriously doubt anyone who buys a Proto will be willing to part with the wheels as this would drop the car's value.

You best bet is to find a similar design/color aftermarket wheel.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There have been several statements from Nissan reps that the bronze wheels are specific to the Proto spec cars and will not be available as an option. I also seriously doubt anyone who buys a Proto will be willing to part with the wheels as this would drop the car's value.

You best bet is to find a similar design/color aftermarket wheel.
Yes, I agree. I was looking at the VOLK Rays and they are crazy in pricing!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey guys, I pre ordered my yellow Z. But I really want those wheels. Do you guys think it can be an option? If not, you think it can be specially ordered?

Never thought I would be into yellow cars or even bronze wheels. But seeing this car changed my mind! I love it!

I hope it can be option
If I had to guess they wont be available to option and if they are something that you can buy from Nissan, they will likely be like $2k/ wheel. My Focus RS had forged wheels and it was like $7 grand if you wanted the set, and they weren't made by any sort of known company like rays.

If you want the bronze wheels, just take them to a powder coater it will cost you like $600 and be the easiest way to get that by far.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I had to guess they wont be available to option and if they are something that you can buy from Nissan, they will likely be like $2k/ wheel. My Focus RS had forged wheels and it was like $7 grand if you wanted the set, and they weren't made by any sort of known company like rays.

If you want the bronze wheels, just take them to a powder coater it will cost you like $600 and be the easiest way to get that by far.
ya, I checked online for a set of ZE40 Volks in bronze and it was like $5000 CDN. Crazy!

I never powder coated anything before. Is that $600 for all rims? Do they have to take the tire off to
Do the entire thing I’m assuming?

·
Registered
71 Posts
ya, I checked online for a set of ZE40 Volks in bronze and it was like $5000 CDN. Crazy!

I never powder coated anything before. Is that $600 for all rims? Do they have to take the tire off to
Do the entire thing I’m assuming?
Yeah Volks are money, but you get what you pay for.

You would have to have the tires taken off, some will take them off for you, some only want to do the coating. $600 would be for all 4 wheels, if you are in the GTA, there's a really reputable shop in Paris called Roro Designs, I would recommend.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really do like to ZE40s. Those are fire but very costly. I’m thinking of pulling the trigger. Are you very knowledgeable about wheels? Because I was playing around the site and had 2 options for 19inch wheels. It has different number specs which I had no clue lol. Back in the day you buy rims and call it a day. Now there is offsets and this and that. Lol

·
Registered
71 Posts
I really do like to ZE40s. Those are fire but very costly. I’m thinking of pulling the trigger. Are you very knowledgeable about wheels? Because I was playing around the site and had 2 options for 19inch wheels. It has different number specs which I had no clue lol. Back in the day you buy rims and call it a day. Now there is offsets and this and that. Lol
I like to think I'm fairly knowledgeable about wheels. My 2 cents, wait until the car comes out and people get their hands on them so you ensure you get wheels that fit correctly. If you want to order now, I would go with the specs that match what people run on the 370. For volks that's 19x9.5 +22 front and 19x10.5 +12 rear, that will fit stock suspension and wont rub. One other thing to note, unless these are in stock you are likely looking at 6-8 months wait from Japan.

Quick rundown for you. Height and width are fairly self explanatory, offset is the distance from the center of the wheel to the back of the face where it would sit against the hub, so +22 would mean that the back plate is 22 mm from the center seeing as it's a positive number, you can have negative offsets which means this is a negative distance from the center as well.
Product Font Rectangle Parallel Technology

Personally I'm going for a set of Rays gram lights, they are still a great quality wheel and about half the price of the ze40's, not forged unfortunately, but still quality.

There's also going to be a Z at the yorkdale mall from Feb 3 to the end of February, I'm hoping you can get close enough to it, because I am going to be bringing a tape measure to take some measurements for wheel specs.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like to think I'm fairly knowledgeable about wheels. My 2 cents, wait until the car comes out and people get their hands on them so you ensure you get wheels that fit correctly. If you want to order now, I would go with the specs that match what people run on the 370. For volks that's 19x9.5 +22 front and 19x10.5 +12 rear, that will fit stock suspension and wont rub. One other thing to note, unless these are in stock you are likely looking at 6-8 months wait from Japan.

Quick rundown for you. Height and width are fairly self explanatory, offset is the distance from the center of the wheel to the back of the face where it would sit against the hub, so +22 would mean that the back plate is 22 mm from the center seeing as it's a positive number, you can have negative offsets which means this is a negative distance from the center as well.
View attachment 4869

Personally I'm going for a set of Rays gram lights, they are still a great quality wheel and about half the price of the ze40's, not forged unfortunately, but still quality.

There's also going to be a Z at the yorkdale mall from Feb 3 to the end of February, I'm hoping you can get close enough to it, because I am going to be bringing a tape measure to take some measurements for wheel specs.
Yes, I am aware and going to go first day. Prob in the morning sometime. If I see someone measure I’ll say hi lol

·
Registered
71 Posts
Bro, you seem very knowledgeable!

on this cdn site it shows 19x8.5 +44 5x112 face 1 (whatever that means lol)

and another is the same but +38
That's Volkswagen fitment. Offset is far too big it will stick out too far and it's not nearly wide enough. The bolt pattern is incorrect as well, you want 5x114.3.

Try searching for the specs I mentioned above or search "370Z volk ze40".

If you want to order local my buddy George at Raptor Racing can help you likely source some, tell him Mitch sent you and he will take good care of you. He doesn't specify per say in Z parts so he may not know exactly what size you want. If you want someone to help you with the sizing and maybe a little more of a JDM shop try Nextmod in either Missussauga or Markham, they specialize in JDM cars and parts.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
awesome bro! Very informative!
I just want OEM fittings/Offsets. I may wanna lower my car one day. Should I worry about that? I wanna lower the new z 1-1.5 inches so will that effect anything? Do you recommend lowering them rims and tires?

·
Registered
71 Posts
awesome bro! Very informative!
I just want OEM fittings/Offsets. I may wanna lower my car one day. Should I worry about that? I wanna lower the new z 1-1.5 inches so will that effect anything? Do you recommend lowering them rims and tires?
It doesnt really matter, oem spec will be fine if you lower. Something to take into account is that a car typically naturally camber when lowered allowing you to fit wider wheels.

My advice on the whole thing be patient and wait for wheel manufactures to specifically release Z specifically wheels, then you know you will be perfect

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It doesnt really matter, oem spec will be fine if you lower. Something to take into account is that a car typically naturally camber when lowered allowing you to fit wider wheels.

My advice on the whole thing be patient and wait for wheel manufactures to specifically release Z specifically wheels, then you know you will be perfect
I think that’s what I’ll do. Never thought I would like bronze wheels but really goes well with the yellow.
I will wait it out and start saving lol. Gonna be pricey for those rays

·
Registered
71 Posts
Won't installing aftermarket wheels void the warranty? Just a thought!
Not in the slightest, dealers literally sell after market wheel and tire setups. Also if you are worried about that, just swap them back before going to the dealer. Also for reference I took my full bolt on lowered on coils focus rs in for warranty work several times without issue.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Not in the slightest, dealers literally sell after market wheel and tire setups. Also if you are worried about that, just swap them back before going to the dealer. Also for reference I took my full bolt on lowered on coils focus rs in for warranty work several times without issue.
Thanks for sharing all these details. The information is really helpful, especially when it is coming from an experienced person like you. Thanks again, Bergman!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.