Nissan Z Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two loves in my life, first, a 2020 Porsche Macan, and second, my 70 pound labrador retriever named Maggie. I’ve taught Maggie to jump in and out of the back of the Macan on command and the lip of the rear deck is about as high as she can jump. Looking at pictures of the new Z, it appears the lip of the rear compartment is significantly higher than that of the Macan. My questions, is the rear compartment in the Z big enough to fit Maggie? Since she probably can’t jump through the rear hatch, does the passenger front seat fold forward that would allow her to get in that way? The silver bar that runs behind the seats, is that structural or is it something that can be removed? I plan on keeping the Porsche for at least another year or two, but was wondering whether the Z would work for both of us.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Hey @Maggie’s Dad welcome to the forum! The admin saw the Z in person back in February and posted this about the Z's trunk.

I think you can remove the rear bar but I'm not sure how easy or hard it is. I'm also not sure how much it will affect the car if it's removed.

• end to end (bar to back of car) 38 inches
  • Narrowest section 20 inches
  • Widest section 47 inches
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

White Light Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rusty,
Thanks for the link. This answers my questions. Even if I could get her in the back, the height of the space is way to short. She would barely fit lying down. The bar is obviously there for a reason. My guess is the bar provides lateral structural stability for the car. Probably not a good idea to remove it. I guess I keep the Macan too. Not really a bad thing!!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Rusty,
Thanks for the link. This answers my questions. Even if I could get her in the back, the height of the space is way to short. She would barely fit lying down. The bar is obviously there for a reason. My guess is the bar provides lateral structural stability for the car. Probably not a good idea to remove it. I guess I keep the Macan too. Not really a bad thing!!
I mean the Macan and Z is a great duo to have for sure. Which Z spec would you be interested in getting?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts