Nissan Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I’ve been thinking…
Are the new Z’s currently being made in a factory? I know they say that they will be available Spring 2022… so I imagine that the Z’s are being produced already… but with all the talk of chip shortages … I just don’t know.

When the hell will we be able to order one!?!?!

·
Registered
22 Posts
So, I’ve been thinking…
Are the new Z’s currently being made in a factory? I know they say that they will be available Spring 2022… so I imagine that the Z’s are being produced already… but with all the talk of chip shortages … I just don’t know.

What's the question? Spring 2022. For any chance of one from the first shipment best to speak to a dealer now.

·
Registered
168 Posts
You cannot "order one" as Nissan will accept only dealer allocation requests starting in January (heresay from a dealer manager on Jan timeline). Once your dealers fills his allocation, then he'll know what's coming.

·
Registered
310 Posts
So, I’ve been thinking…

The factory is likely ready to go. The machines that make a new Z obviously already made a handful of Zs.

I have been watching the new Tundra release, and it's a similar story as our Z. They brought several trucks to show people, but there was a bunch of pre-production, weird plastics because they hadn't finished the graining yet.

As someone who works in manufacturing, I'll make a guess:

-Nissan already has everything in place to actually make Zs, if they could.

-Nissan is likely waiting for all suppliers to have enough of EVERYTHING in stock to online the factory.

-Nissan needs to be able to make complete Zs, so they must wait for parts/supplies.

-Nissan needs to be able to build enough Zs that they can keep employees busy and the shipping lines flowing.

-Nissan is not just up against chip shortages. Wire, connectors, plastics, glass, steel are all in even worse situation than the chips. I heard we are coming up on a tire shortage next. Also, shipping lines are backed up.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Also wanted to add, Nissan has assigned "2023" as the MY of the new Z. They have 14 months of not needing to build the car, and if they began building it in Dec 2022 it'd still be "on time".

We'll be super lucky if these are available near the end of spring

1 - 6 of 6 Posts