Nissan 400Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Good look at the details, but for the fact that the Z Proto is mostly hand-built parts that may, or may not, make it into production. Styling cue discussion is more interesting, as many of those appear to be set (side accent lines, rear diffuser, etc). This was worth watching just for the interior details in particular.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar F-type R AWD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
+1 -- totally agree. I was hoping that the roof was a panoramic moonroof -- sadly -- it doesn't look like it which is disappointing but not a deal breaker :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
The Z logo on the brake caliper is a great touch. Hopefully that carries over to the production model. Anyone else notice how quiet it was when it was moving out of the building?

Also, shout out to that beatiful orange GT-R lurking in the background.

·
Super Moderator
106 Posts
The Z logo on the brake caliper is a great touch. Hopefully that carries over to the production model. Anyone else notice how quiet it was when it was moving out of the building?

Also, shout out to that beatiful orange GT-R lurking in the background.
thats stillens rally GTR from 2009

this video was shot at Nissans garage/museum in nashville

good video. I agree thats the most in depth ive seen of the interior. I didnt realize the AC vents mimic'ed the front grill pattern until watching this

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
It'll be nice if they change those screens to OLEDs.
Maybe its the brightness setting but they look washed out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I really wish the steering wheel didn't have any gloss black. They should've just made it the gunmetal material on the bottom y-part. Gloss black looks like crap once the scratches appear.

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
I'm hoping the rev-match Off button is one of those on the console. Someone confirm?

·
Registered
327 Posts
I really wish the steering wheel didn't have any gloss black. They should've just made it the gunmetal material on the bottom y-part. Gloss black looks like crap once the scratches appear.
Fortunately those glossy parts should be easy enough to remove.
I would love to see an aftermarket version in carbon fiber.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Also of note: he mentions that he believes the starting price to be circa $35,000 - which would be very aggressive - and I do wonder where that is coming from. I've been saying from jump street that if Nissan can keep this, at least in lower-spec models, under $40K, it will a) be somewhat miraculous, and b) a massive shot across the bow at the frankly overpriced Supra.

:unsure: I am hopeful but dubious

·
Registered
327 Posts
Also of note: he mentions that he believes the starting price to be circa $35,000 - which would be very aggressive - and I do wonder where that is coming from. I've been saying from jump street that if Nissan can keep this, at least in lower-spec models, under $40K, it will a) be somewhat miraculous, and b) a massive shot across the bow at the frankly overpriced Supra.

:unsure: I am hopeful but dubious
That's a $5k jump over what a base 370Z goes for in 2021. If true, its still not bad for what we're getting. It also slots well between the 86/BRZ and Supra. So although a big increase from the current Z generation, it sort of works.

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
I really doubt any 400hp Z will be $35K or under as base price. It's more realistic in the $45K area and up, and depending on options. The Nismo when it comes out will not be anywhere under $50K. Unless Nissan totally surprises us, and make a killing! Kind of brings memories of when the 240Z first came out, undercuts everything in its performance class.

·
Registered
126 Posts
That's a $5k jump over what a base 370Z goes for in 2021. If true, its still not bad for what we're getting. It also slots well between the 86/BRZ and Supra. So although a big increase from the current Z generation, it sort of works.
I completely agree. It's just that the "general consensus" has been that this vehicle will be priced in the $40k-$50k range, which I believe to be a mistake in terms of market positioning.

·
Registered
327 Posts
@S30R32 @kbl911 or maybe there's something Nissan isn't telling us? No one expected the 2.0L MKV Supra and eventually that might be true for the Z, just maybe not at launch. It could be a $35k model.

The 400hp Q50 goes for $55,750, so a 400hp Z within the $40k range sure seems more like it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The 400hp Q50 goes for $55,750, so a 400hp Z within the $40k range sure seems more like it.
Oh, I agree, I think it will likely start around $40K, but it seems to me that's basically Nissan intentionally pricing it there rather than it having that baseline as a matter of financial necessity. It's definitely not impossible for the 400HP Z to cost less than that since they are working with mostly existing Nissan components, as they have historically done.

If I'm Nissan, I'd be wary of arbitrarily pricing the Z too high since it begins to move away from its identity as an "affordable" sports car, a "car of the people" that can approximate the performance of more expensive competitors. That has always been one of the Z's primary mission statements.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts