Nissan 400Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I too am eagerly awaiting some news from Nissan. Just tell us if it’s late 2021 for a 2022 model or will we have to wait even longer. I sold my TT 300ZX the day after they revealed the proto!

·
Registered
269 Posts
I too am eagerly awaiting some news from Nissan. Just tell us if it’s late 2021 for a 2022 model or will we have to wait even longer. I sold my TT 300ZX the day after they revealed the proto!
Welcome @Alanz196

Late 2021 for MY2022 is likely with how far Nissan is with the Z project. A BIG hint to that is there's no 2021 370Z. Obviously, due to prep work (retooling, etc.) for the new Z being done. How much did you get for the 300ZX?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome @Alanz196

Late 2021 for MY2022 is likely with how far Nissan is with the Z project. A BIG hint to that is there's no 2021 370Z. Obviously, due to prep work (retooling, etc.) for the new Z being done. How much did you get for the 300ZX?
I sold it for 12k. It was a great car , but it’s been a lifelong dream of mine to own a brand new TT Z!

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar F-type R AWD
5 Posts
I've become obsessed with this new Nissan proto/400z -- desperate to be among the first to get my hands/feet on it. So, I will literally latch on to any news/article written about this car. In the article below, they seem to suggest that the car will be available in the "spring of 2021" -- I guess they use the word "debut" so maybe that just means they think we'll find out more about the production??

"When is the Nissan 400Z coming out? Well, the brand says the new Z car should debut in the spring of 2021."

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've become obsessed with this new Nissan proto/400z -- desperate to be among the first to get my hands/feet on it. So, I will literally latch on to any news/article written about this car. In the article below, they seem to suggest that the car will be available in the "spring of 2021" -- I guess they use the word "debut" so maybe that just means they think we'll find out more about the production??

"When is the Nissan 400Z coming out? Well, the brand says the new Z car should debut in the spring of 2021."

I saw that one yesterday, as well! Unless these various articles are listing quoted sources within Nissan, I am just not ready to buy any of the claimed time-tables, yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts

I feel exactly the same way you do. I saw this article last night which gave me hope! I just wish Nissan will say something soon.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar F-type R AWD
5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOO. Why do we have to wait until March 2022 :(

"Best Car Web
claims the 400Z will be revealed in March next year, although the Z Proto left very, very little to the imagination."
This... doesn't seem very official. I wouldn't be so worried, at this stage, until Nissan makes a statement that aligns with this or any other dates.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Ugh, but kind of expected since Nissan hasn’t given us ANY new clues. Sometime in 2022 is really more realistic then. More sit and wait.
Wonder when ordering will be avail?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Actually, Nissan has given us clues, but you have to know where to look. The company just released details on the new Pathfinder SUV and Frontier pickup. Both will be available later this fall, which means the Z35 won't be given the spotlight until at least that point. Even if the early production model is shown later this year, expect true production to fall into 2022. Save those pennies, boys and girls!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Actually, Nissan has given us clues, but you have to know where to look. The company just released details on the new Pathfinder SUV and Frontier pickup. Both will be available later this fall, which means the Z35 won't be given the spotlight until at least that point. Even if the early production model is shown later this year, expect true production to fall into 2022. Save those pennies, boys and girls!
Perhaps so! Though I don't see why there would be any need for the intermediate step of teasing an early production model after we've already essentially seen that vehicle. Assuming it is still built at the Tochigi facility, it's not as though it would be fundamentally impacted by the production of these other models (outside of maybe parts shortages). I understand the idea of showcasing specific vehicles at specific times and so forth, but I feel like there would need to be a more practical reason for this to be delayed, rather than a marketing strategy (which I think would be an error, personally). And maybe there is one.

·
Super Moderator
36 Posts
There wont be any movement toward a release date until an actual production car is announced with an official event. The way Nissan works is the proto is the proto and the car we are eager to get behind the wheel of doesn't exist until that production car unveiling. After that I would estimate at least a 6 month gap or more before they actually go on sale. Even if we get a production announcement late this fall or even early 2022... I think best possible case is late summer early fall 2022 initial delivery

·
Registered
71 Posts
Is there reason to believe that a production announcement will be coming in the fall or later? I'm beginning to feel like I've missed some announcements that might provide color, here.

·
Super Moderator
36 Posts
Is there reason to believe that a production announcement will be coming in the fall or later? I'm beginning to feel like I've missed some announcements that might provide color, here.
Only that it has to come before the launch of the car. the proto is simply not the 400Z or whatever it will likely be called. So at some point there will be an event either at a virtual car show or their own thing where they announce the official production car. Only then you will have the ordering process ect set into motion. usually the announcement of a new model like that is at least 6 months from announcement to on sale ( the pathfinder and frontier are this long away and they arnt even Japanese factory produced) so the time frame of a late this year or early next year announcement is purely based on the assumption of a very optimistic 3rd quater 2022 release. It could be later but I certainly hope no on thinks this car will be available this summer or anything like that.

I dont have any info other than right before christmas I briefly spoke to one of the highest up in the know people in all of nissan and they simply said that there is still a long ways to go on the Z . No additional context or follow up. I took that to mean at least 18 months to even 2 years. until you see rumblings or hints of an announcement of an actual named production car we arnt close.

for reference the announcement of the 2005 GTR Proto and the 2007 GTR production car was almost exactly 2 years apart.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I see your logic, now, that makes sense (though it is deeply disappointing).

On the other hand, this is interesting wording:

"He was especially excited about the arrival later this year of the latest iteration of the Nissan Z car which Colleran [Sr VP Nissan US Marketing & Sales] said would be true to the company’s DNA but offered few other details aside from mentioning it would be powered by a twin turbo V6 engine."

Nissan Exec Denies Apple Talks, Addresses Turnaround Progress (forbes.com)

Maybe it's being editorialized by Forbes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Perhaps so! Though I don't see why there would be any need for the intermediate step of teasing an early production model after we've already essentially seen that vehicle. Assuming it is still built at the Tochigi facility, it's not as though it would be fundamentally impacted by the production of these other models (outside of maybe parts shortages). I understand the idea of showcasing specific vehicles at specific times and so forth, but I feel like there would need to be a more practical reason for this to be delayed, rather than a marketing strategy (which I think would be an error, personally). And maybe there is one.
Building a pre-production Z serves multiple purposes. First, it gives the production side a chance to check tolerances (stamping new body panels for example) and make critical changes. Many of the parts may still be hand-built, as the tooling is refined for production. Next, Nissan marketing shows off the design to the automotive press and gains coverage to pump up the pipeline with excited consumers on the demand side. Then there's the practical side of allowing Tochigi to gain experience and build a good supply of cars and parts for sale within a short window (4-6 months), that will meet Nissan's strict QC standards. Meanwhile, dealers will demand a consistent supply of Z35s on hand.

·
Super Moderator
36 Posts
I see your logic, now, that makes sense (though it is deeply disappointing).

On the other hand, this is interesting wording:

"He was especially excited about the arrival later this year of the latest iteration of the Nissan Z car which Colleran [Sr VP Nissan US Marketing & Sales] said would be true to the company’s DNA but offered few other details aside from mentioning it would be powered by a twin turbo V6 engine."

Nissan Exec Denies Apple Talks, Addresses Turnaround Progress (forbes.com)

Maybe it's being editorialized by Forbes.

Yeah it seems they are inferring the timeframe rather than quoting the Nissan VP.

This could be a possible source of where they got later this year from.... this video from Nissan from a couple weeks ago before the article vaguely mentions the exact phrase look for more information later this year towards the very end

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
I dont have any info other than right before christmas I briefly spoke to one of the highest up in the know people in all of nissan and they simply said that there is still a long ways to go on the Z . No additional context or follow up. I took that to mean at least 18 months to even 2 years. until you see rumblings or hints of an announcement of an actual named production car we arnt close.
I'm OK with this, being patient, as long as they deliver the Z with no major issues and the build and performance are solid at the get go. Not like what the C8 has gone through.

I will get one, Nismo or top 'Sport' model, hoping somewhere in fall 2022.

·
Super Moderator
36 Posts
I'm OK with this, being patient, as long as they deliver the Z with no major issues and the build and performance are solid at the get go. Not like what the C8 has gone through.

I will get one, Nismo or top 'Sport' model, hoping somewhere in fall 2022.
Definitely a NISMO for me when it happens but marketing 101 tell us that's a few years into the life cycle.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts