Nissan Z Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
So my arrangement with the dealership works out in both parties favor. Because I'm in Ontario with 4ft of snow on the ground I will not be driving it until the spring, and all the salt is cleared. They agreed to keep it at the dealership for me, roped off for people to see but not touch. This gives me free heated, secure storage unil the spring, and gives them an opportunity to show it off to customers.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Glad to know and great tip on going after dealers in small towns. I think I saw you post about it in the big group. Did you get a chance to inspect the build quality? I'm always skeptical with first model year vehicles, there hasn't been anything really pressing with the Z so far but you never know.

View attachment 9595
I inspected it, and everything looked great. I ended up going with the extended warranty which covers every nut and bolt (except brakes and windshield wipers) for 7 years which is amazing for a newly released car

Registered
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
What's the point of getting extended warranty when you are replacing the downpipes? From what I hear that can get your claims rejected. I'm also interested in the MAPerformance exhaust system but not sure if I can get away with using their downpipes and keep warranty...
I asked the claims department, and they said as long as I don't modify the motor I would be fine, and that the downpipes were considered part of the exhaust system. I'll probably start with just the exhaust, and do the downpipes next winter. I figured it wouldn't hurt to buy them now as they are only going to go up in price in the future

Registered
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I've owned a BMW 335i (twin tubro N54) and the difference that downpipes make in terms of noise and performance is insane. The turbos face A LOT of resistance from stock downpipes and I doubt Nissan is different. Would you be doing a high flow or catless? TJ Hunt on youtube did full downpipes and exhaust on his car check out the vid if you haven't seen it.

Personally I'm just looking at catback systems for now. I went to my local dealer today and they recieved a Z demo car (base model 9spd auto) and the noise was very sufficient for me. From what I've read is that the 6spd manual sounds a lot quieter for some reason. My goal would be to get my 6spd more inline with the sound of the 9spd.

Obviously I won't know what I really need to do til I hear my car in person. You're gonna have a wicked Z can't wait to see some vids!
I went with MAPerformance full downpipes (with high flow cat) and cat back exhaust. From all the videos of the Z, Q50, and Q60 this was my favorite sounding setup. Opinions may vary tho, so hopefully I can get some sound clips when it's done for others to make a decision on what they want

1 - 14 of 14 Posts