Nissan Z Forum banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

Registered
78 Datsun 280z, 76 280z, 88 300zx Shiro
Ahhh, I think you got super lucky with your dealership! The early 'demo' you're thinking of was the Nissan Canada dealership tour car that was going around! Apparently these new ones, each dealership gets an allocation for a car of their own, whether they use it for a show room model or to sell if they aren't bothered to keep it, it's apparently up to them what they do with their single allocation. And well, your guys decided to sell it to you because it matched your order type and you were the top of their list, which is awesome. I think another guy in Sask got the one his dealer got for their allocation too. That's awesome either way. My dealership got a white car for their allocation, and they're keeping it on the display floor for now. There's a passion red one in London, but I believe they're keeping it too for now

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
So my arrangement with the dealership works out in both parties favor. Because I'm in Ontario with 4ft of snow on the ground I will not be driving it until the spring, and all the salt is cleared. They agreed to keep it at the dealership for me, roped off for people to see but not touch. This gives me free heated, secure storage unil the spring, and gives them an opportunity to show it off to customers.

Registered
Crazy how they even sent u guys 2 units? All the big dealers in my area got protos while others got performancespecs
So my arrangement with the dealership works out in both parties favor. Because I'm in Ontario with 4ft of snow on the ground I will not be driving it until the spring, and all the salt is cleared. They agreed to keep it at the dealership for me, roped off for people to see but not touch. This gives me free heated, secure storage unil the spring, and gives them an opportunity to show it off to customers.
I'm driving my Z into the snow on day one, with winter tires of course. :)

Registered
Paid MSRP, the dealership I delt with was amazing, and did not agree to the whole mark up thing.
Glad to know and great tip on going after dealers in small towns. I think I saw you post about it in the big group. Did you get a chance to inspect the build quality? I'm always skeptical with first model year vehicles, there hasn't been anything really pressing with the Z so far but you never know.

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

Registered
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Glad to know and great tip on going after dealers in small towns. I think I saw you post about it in the big group. Did you get a chance to inspect the build quality? I'm always skeptical with first model year vehicles, there hasn't been anything really pressing with the Z so far but you never know.

View attachment 9595
I inspected it, and everything looked great. I ended up going with the extended warranty which covers every nut and bolt (except brakes and windshield wipers) for 7 years which is amazing for a newly released car

Registered
I inspected it, and everything looked great. I ended up going with the extended warranty which covers every nut and bolt (except brakes and windshield wipers) for 7 years which is amazing for a newly released car
Well done, that sure beats buying extended later for a car like this. What are you driving at the moment while waiting for ideal conditions to grab your Z?

Registered
What's the point of getting extended warranty when you are replacing the downpipes? From what I hear that can get your claims rejected. I'm also interested in the MAPerformance exhaust system but not sure if I can get away with using their downpipes and keep warranty...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
What's the point of getting extended warranty when you are replacing the downpipes? From what I hear that can get your claims rejected. I'm also interested in the MAPerformance exhaust system but not sure if I can get away with using their downpipes and keep warranty...
I asked the claims department, and they said as long as I don't modify the motor I would be fine, and that the downpipes were considered part of the exhaust system. I'll probably start with just the exhaust, and do the downpipes next winter. I figured it wouldn't hurt to buy them now as they are only going to go up in price in the future

Registered
Also the demo had the blue accents added to the interior. I thought it was a little much, so went with full black and couldn't be happier
Nah blue on blue is too much you made the right choice imo.

I chose blue interior and the flat Boulder Grey as I reasoned I'd be sitting inside the car mainly so would want to be immersed in a cool colour in exchange for having my secondary exterior colour choice.

Your car is a beaut! I'm first/second in line at my dealership so I'll be in your shoes in a few months hopefully. Would like to recieve it early spring to avoid the salt but wouldn't pass up recieving it earlier and having paint sealant and some mods installed (exhaust) while awaiting the thaw.

Were you first in line at your dealership and how high volume/how many allocations is that dealer slated to get this year?

Once again congratulations! :)

Registered
Haha thats awesome! I'm also on the top of my dealers list, small town Ontario too. In the entire year they have a total of maybe 5~ Z orders so far, me being the first one through the system in January. I was just at my place this afternoon to check out their Demo. Wouldn't be surprised if another random truck load shows up in the next week or so. Crazy times! And sucks we just had that big blizzard. Need a couple days of dry roads to make it home hahah
Whoa you have a demo?! I'm in a big city in Ontario and I don't think a single dealer has a demo. We had a demo roll through for 1 day to each dealership and for some reason my dealer didn't think to call their first person in line. Sigh doesn't help that my sales associate was switched 3 times (hard to stay a car salesman when there are so very few cars to sell).

I'm gonna call my dealer and all the other dealers in the city and inquire about demos. It seems real dumb to not have at least a demo for me to see. I've had a deposit in since November 2021 and it officially went thru the first day Nissan headquarters opened up the pre orders. Somehow I still think I'm gonna end up being one of the last to get it this year with my luck.

I have a deposit on the new Corvette AND new Golf R since early 2021 with not even a shadow of an actual build date. :rolleyes:

Registered
78 Datsun 280z, 76 280z, 88 300zx Shiro
Whoa you have a demo?! I'm in a big city in Ontario and I don't think a single dealer has a demo. We had a demo roll through for 1 day to each dealership and for some reason my dealer didn't think to call their first person in line. Sigh doesn't help that my sales associate was switched 3 times (hard to stay a car salesman when there are so very few cars to sell).

I'm gonna call my dealer and all the other dealers in the city and inquire about demos. It seems real dumb to not have at least a demo for me to see. I've had a deposit in since November 2021 and it officially went thru the first day Nissan headquarters opened up the pre orders. Somehow I still think I'm gonna end up being one of the last to get it this year with my luck.

I have a deposit on the new Corvette AND new Golf R since early 2021 with not even a shadow of an actual build date. :rolleyes:
Ya man! They got a demo in on Xmas Eve day, beautiful car. Supposedly every dealer is supposed to get one allocation for demo purposes or sale if they want. Most seem to be holding onto them for display
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Registered

Welcome to the forum @Pharmacist! Which Z model are planning on getting? Is it your preferred car to get over the Corvette and Golf R?

Registered
Welcome to the forum @Pharmacist! Which Z model are planning on getting? Is it your preferred car to get over the Corvette and Golf R?
Hello Rusty!
I'm getting a Boulder Grey on blue 6spd performance spec.

Due to living in a very snowy area I'd likely get the Golf R as my all season car and the Nissan Z as my summer car. The C8 Corvette is less of a priority for me now.

I get a lot of stares when I tell people I'm buying two new cars but I've been driving a very modest used Mazda 3 for the past decade which only cost me 6k and would likely sell for similar. I've been saving aggressively this whole time and after covid I realised I'd rather spend some money and be happy while I'm still young and able.

Weird thing is I get the most comments about how dumb my plan is from people that have 1 car worth the price of my Golf R and Z lol. Paying two insurances seems to be the only downside to me. Wear and tear/maintenance would be shared amongst the two vehicles as well so overall cost of ownership would roughly even out versus just 1 expensive vehicle.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts