Nissan Z Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any guesses?

Nissan was on-time with the original Proto models. I haven't see anything about the rest arriving. Once they do, that will help drive down the markups.

·
Registered
71 Posts
When the manufacturing of our allocations begin, we will get VIN numbers and that's a solid couple months before delivery. No VIN number yet, so it's not even close. And that's for the people who pre-ordered early in January. For the US, I assume same situation except the cars that come can be sold to anyone. Maybe by year end if we're lucky.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Any guesses?

Nissan was on-time with the original Proto models. I haven't see anything about the rest arriving. Once they do, that will help drive down the markups.
I forgot where I read it because I stopped caring as much. Figured I'll get a Z when I get one so.
But I remember reading something saying the non-protos would be the month after the proto releases.
But who knows lol, the Z was announced last September and was said to release Spring and that never happened lol.

When the manufacturing of our allocations begin, we will get VIN numbers and that's a solid couple months before delivery. No VIN number yet, so it's not even close. And that's for the people who pre-ordered early in January. For the US, I assume same situation except the cars that come can be sold to anyone. Maybe by year end if we're lucky.
Also I have no idea but I'm pretty sure with the Protos the vins populated and then shipped and got to the dealers pretty quick.
As far as I know production for Z's is rolling, slowly, but it's rolling.
By the time VIN's populate they are probably already in freight units, or just about.

·
Super Moderator
1,204 Posts
There was a video on Facebook today of a ton of new Z's at port and a good deal were non proto. With that said all the autos are still being held at port so not sure if this was new cars or just the autos all accumulated for the recall

1 - 5 of 5 Posts