Nissan Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
I was sure they said the Sport trim would have a single exhaust.
No, I believe it was said that "the Performance trim has a dual exhaust," which could have implied that the Sport model would not have that, but that was always extremely unlikely to be true. If there's such an emphasis on keeping production cost down, they weren't going to produce two different rear fascias.

I think it was just sloppy phrasing.
Yeah from my understanding both cars have dual exhaust it just depends on which kind you get.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I, for one, wouldn't mind these on the base models - they look decent enough. What is bizarre is that the Sport/base model no longer uses a staggered setup. That's very odd to me since the 370's ran 18x8 up front and 18x9 in the rear on base cars while these will be 18x9 all the way around. Interesting.

View attachment 3189
They certainly fit the description of "Dark-painted aluminum-alloy". I'd be curious about why they're switching the wheel setup as well. @DAN_PASSE are you able to shed some light on this by any chance?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
It's obviously a test car. I wouldn't conclude that these are production wheels.
Oh, but he's referring to what we do know about the factory spec wheels - namely, that they are no longer staggered, as they have always been on FM platform Zs (unless there was some other random setup I am unaware of). Whether or not this is the finished wheel design isn't the issue.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looks like someone may have spotted a base model Z on a carrier truck in full camouflage. Thanks Rusty for finding these images!
We can see the alternate wheel design (which is actually pretty slick), the spoiler delete, and the non-performance exhaust, here:
It almost looks like it has a glass roof or something. Maybe just taped there but would be sick with a panoramic glass roof.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
It almost looks like it has a glass roof or something. Maybe just taped there but would be sick with a panoramic glass roof.
I thought I saw that initially, too! That would be a really slick option for future trims.

·
Registered
684 Posts
The tape does seem to indicate that. If it's not a glass roof maybe it's just a patch job they had to make to keep the camo on.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Looks like someone may have spotted a base model Z on a carrier truck in full camouflage. Thanks Rusty for finding these images!

We can see the alternate wheel design (which is actually pretty slick), the spoiler delete, and the non-performance exhaust, here:

View attachment 3183

View attachment 3184
took me a second but I got it

C6 Z06!

View attachment 3185

View attachment 3186
Z06 wheels do look close. These look close as well, but don't have the indent in the spokes, though.
Here's a different angle of those wheels on the Z.

Car Vehicle Wheel Tire Land vehicle

·
Super Moderator
432 Posts
no question those are 18"s . hard to tell from the pic but they look a few shades lighter in color than the performance 19"s

21 - 30 of 30 Posts