Nissan 400Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
160 Posts
Is this based on some insider information? Because as much as I'd love it given the Z's lousy side and rear sightlines, I don''t see the new Z getting a 360 degree camera setup. Those are typically reserved for luxury cars and larger SUVS.

not sure about 360 camera as you couldnt see the side mirrors good enough in the leaked pics to see if they had cameras in the bottom. but the black box in the grill on the leaked pre production car looked like sonar for propilot but I couldnt make out any buttons for it on the steering wheel. it could be a basic adaptive cruise and not the full on propilot like our 21 rogue has

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q60 RS AWD
5 Posts
DAS on a Z is asking for a huge PR disaster, I truly hope they don't do it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
DAS on a Z is asking for a huge PR disaster, I truly hope they don't do it.
Yeah, it's hard to believe they would be that stupid, but who knows? They were too stupid to fix the CSC issue when they transitioned to the 370.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is this based on some insider information? Because as much as I'd love it given the Z's lousy side and rear sightlines, I don''t see the new Z getting a 360 degree camera setup. Those are typically reserved for luxury cars and larger SUVS.
Altimas and Maximas have 360 cams now. Version T package will have all of the bells and whistles.

·
Registered
16 Posts
One more for Hydraulic steering. i agree it makes sense for them to go EPS, but I forget which senior Nissan official involved with the Z said it, but he did say the focus was going to be on feel with the new Z, and that gives me hope for hydraulics.
That, plus the fact that they aren't selling it in Europe because of emissions restrictions. EPS largely came about as a response to tighter emissions controls, so maybe that is a hint...

·
Registered
2013 Camaro SS - 1LE
30 Posts
It's a game of what makes more financial sense for Nissan, despite their claims of wanting to evoke "feeling".

So, let's take a poll -

Does it make more sense for Nissan to utilize the hydraulic unit from the 370Z, and potentially have to make a small tweak to the VR30 to do so?

Or, does it make more sense for them to keep the EPS system from the Q60?

I think most people would say the latter makes more sense, however, believe or not, I actually think the former makes more sense. They probably have a ton of spare hydraulic pumps lying around from the 12 years of 370Z, and they wouldn't have to calibrate it like they would an EPS unit. That is assuming, of course, that the hydraulic unit from the 370Z can easily be retrofitted to the VR30.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts