Nissan 400Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all from the DFW metroplex!

I'm a boosted 370Z owner who is anxious to learn more details about the up and coming new Z. Depending of course on pricing, release date, and specs, I'm looking forward to potentially getting my hands on one! 馃檹

Though I really hope dealer markups are not going to be insane, because I refuse to pay absorbent price bumps... This is the one thing that worries me about being able to be one of the first in my area to get one.

We don't know much about the car yet, but here's my (tentative) spec I'd be looking for:

COLOR: White (or black, or that yellow... undecided really 馃槄)

TRANS: Manual (naturally)

TRIM: Base (never cared much to pay for leather seats, and a lot of the extras that might come in the supposed sport trim I can just buy aftermarket or salvage off a part out car)

See below for a pic of my 370Z. I also have a youtube channel, The Carizon, where I have done a ton of DIY work for the 370Z and hopefully soon, the New Z:

Also maybe a little sneak peak 馃槣:

Registered
Welcome to the forum. Love the photoshop skills. haha. And great channel too!

What's your #1 favorite mod?

Registered
Welcome @Black_Electric! Have owned other Z's along with the 370Z? ADM is going to be a tricky one when reservations start to open. hopefully some dealers will make it clear that they won't add any markup.

Registered
2020 Ford Ranger (daily), 2020 Toyota Supra
I'm from DFW as well and more than looking forward to the new Z. Currently driving a 2020 Supra as my toy, but looking forward to picking up a new Z and getting back around other Z owners soon.

Administrator
I'm from DFW as well and more than looking forward to the new Z. Currently driving a 2020 Supra as my toy, but looking forward to picking up a new Z and getting back around other Z owners soon.
Welcome to the forum. Any particular reason you're dropping the Supra?

Registered
Welcome to the forum. Any particular reason you're dropping the Supra?
I'll be keeping the Supra and putting the Z in the garage next to it. I enjoy the Supra, but really hoping the Z outperforms it just for fun and friendly competition.

Registered
Welcome @cb8806! How has it been owning the Supra? Is there anything you'd like the Z to offer that the Supra doesn't?

Registered
@cb8806 great to have an MKV owner here, when the Z is out, comparisons between them will be endless. What other sports cars have you owned?

Registered
@cb8806 great to have an MKV owner here, when the Z is out, comparisons between them will be endless. What other sports cars have you owned?
I'm excited to be able to compare both of them when the Z releases. I just sold my 1968 Mustang this afternoon, and I've had 2 fourth gen Trans Ams ('98 and 2000), '78 240Z, '90 300ZX TT, '94 RX7-FD, '12 G37S, '17 Focus ST, and now the Supra. The Z32 was the most fun, but the FD attracted the most attention. I enjoy driving and the Texas hill country backroads use to be my playground in college.

Registered
Welcome @cb8806! How has it been owning the Supra? Is there anything you'd like the Z to offer that the Supra doesn't?
Not sure what I'd like the Z to offer that the Supra doesn't aside from what we already know and are speculating from hearsay and rumors. I just want the Z to be a good competitor to the Supra. I already like the classic look made modern of the Z over the Supra so that's a huge plus. Many people are excited about the manual transmission option, but I'll be getting one in automatic for ease of driving on road trips and in traffic. I honestly feel like the Supra will only be sold for a few more years, where as the Z has never stopped production (excluding the short period here in America).

Registered
Not sure what I'd like the Z to offer that the Supra doesn't aside from what we already know and are speculating from hearsay and rumors. I just want the Z to be a good competitor to the Supra. I already like the classic look made modern of the Z over the Supra so that's a huge plus. Many people are excited about the manual transmission option, but I'll be getting one in automatic for ease of driving on road trips and in traffic. I honestly feel like the Supra will only be sold for a few more years, where as the Z has never stopped production (excluding the short period here in America).
That would be pretty shocking if Toyota stops Supra production so soon. But the Z could force their hand one way or another.

Registered
That would be pretty shocking if Toyota stops Supra production so soon. But the Z could force their hand one way or another.
When the Supra first released I told a lot of my friends I expected a sale time of 5 years. I鈥檝e seen articles saying that sells will continue through 2024. Although I haven鈥檛 had any issues with mine, I鈥檝e seen several others have problems that the dealerships can鈥檛 seem to fix or explain. The Z will put more pressure on the Supra for sure. It鈥檒l be interesting to see what happens.

Registered
One area the Z sure wins is with originality. Supra not so much as we all know, but I got over it, now I really like it.
Do you think Toyota did enough to make it a Toyota?

Registered
One area the Z sure wins is with originality. Supra not so much as we all know, but I got over it, now I really like it.
Do you think Toyota did enough to make it a Toyota?
The Z is a lot of recycled parts, but at least they鈥檙e Nissan parts. I never really cared about the BMW/Toyota mixture, but it does get annoying seeing BMW labels on parts throughout the car. In essence the Supra really is a BMW with Toyota emblems. Most Toyota techs can鈥檛 work on the car and the 鈥渕aster techs鈥 had to go through a BMW course and get the BMW tools to work on the car. It鈥檒l be nice with the Z since the techs will already know about the parts on the vehicle when trouble arises.

Registered
The Z is a lot of recycled parts, but at least they鈥檙e Nissan parts.
That's another reason why I am leaning towards not laying down a net $25-30k on the new Z, after I'd sell my Z32. I'm leaning toward leather interior as Phase One, and then a Turbo/tune conversion as Phase Two, maybe. That'll cost me $2k, and then $7-8k.

I've already done a full mechanical restoration for about $13k after I bought the car, and the engine at 103k miles is still in specs.

Registered
That's another reason why I am leaning towards not laying down a net $25-30k on the new Z, after I'd sell my Z32. I'm leaning toward leather interior as Phase One, and then a Turbo/tune conversion as Phase Two, maybe. That'll cost me $2k, and then $7-8k.

I've already done a full mechanical restoration for about $13k after I bought the car, and the engine at 103k miles is still in specs.
Coming from someone that had a Z32 and would love another one, DO NOT sell the Z32 unless necessary. The Z35 will come down in price, but the Z32 is still going up.

Premium Member
The Z is a lot of recycled parts, but at least they鈥檙e Nissan parts. I never really cared about the BMW/Toyota mixture, but it does get annoying seeing BMW labels on parts throughout the car. In essence the Supra really is a BMW with Toyota emblems. Most Toyota techs can鈥檛 work on the car and the 鈥渕aster techs鈥 had to go through a BMW course and get the BMW tools to work on the car. It鈥檒l be nice with the Z since the techs will already know about the parts on the vehicle when trouble arises.
Truth, and welcome! We have a BMW daily driver (N54 E60) and all those special tools needed, frustrating. Great, stump puller torque though from the twin turbos. My 240Z with RB26DETT pulls hard too but it's all Nissan, been more reliable it seems. Excited to have 3 TTs soon, such flexible powertrains!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts