Nissan Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ford Ranger (daily), 2020 Toyota Supra
131 Posts
Truth, and welcome! We have a BMW daily driver (N54 E60) and all those special tools needed, frustrating. Great, stump puller torque though from the twin turbos. My 240Z with RB26DETT pulls hard too but it's all Nissan, been more reliable it seems. Excited to have 3 TTs soon, such flexible powertrains!
Your 240Z looks like a dream car for me! The new Z will put me at 2 TTs as I daily a Ranger (at least it’s still a single turbo). I’ve been lucky to not need to work on anything significant so far, so the special tools haven’t been needed.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Not sure what I'd like the Z to offer that the Supra doesn't aside from what we already know and are speculating from hearsay and rumors. I just want the Z to be a good competitor to the Supra. I already like the classic look made modern of the Z over the Supra so that's a huge plus. Many people are excited about the manual transmission option, but I'll be getting one in automatic for ease of driving on road trips and in traffic. I honestly feel like the Supra will only be sold for a few more years, where as the Z has never stopped production (excluding the short period here in America).
The Supra has been a huge disappointment for a variety of reasons:1) It’s a BMW Supra, or as I call it, the BMDupra, which means it’ll be unreliable and very costly to maintain and repair over time. Fans wanted a TOYOTA Supra, not a BMW. 2) It looks like a Gundam-Anime-Transformers fan had an acid trip and drew what they thought the batmobile should look like. The MKIV had understated and tasteful good looks that still hold up today whereas the MKV has ungainly and unsightly lumps, bumps, creases and superficial/non-working vents. Looks are subjective, but yuck! 3) No optional manual transmission has kept enthusiasts away in droves. As such, sales have been dismal and I think you’re right, the BMDupra isn’t long for this world. Your choice of a 400Z w/auto transmission is far better than the Dupra. I wish you good luck as you’ll be able to place an order soon!

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.