Nissan 400Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner

21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ooo, yes.
This i can get behind.
I remember someone saying previously that the intercooler will be visible from the front aswell...

People who are good with rendering, lets get this happening!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I read that from an article also. That would be an amazing upgrade over the current VR30DDTT and for us to upgrade beyond that.
I agree!!
If its ends up being true and they do offer the Z boosted. It will be a true game changer for Nissan. Will make for interesting sales with GTR.
My guess is... they will offer a turbo variant because the GTR will likely end production very soon and start R&D on R36

Performance upgrades will be much easier and more cost effective too, over the current VQ37HR etc

·
Registered
68 Posts
And the color I’ll be getting. Blacked out. Tinted widow, black wheels, black BBK, and down to black lug nuts.
View attachment 209
The batch of renderings this is from, is the best yet.

I say that because 99% of new Nissan Z renderings out there distort the original proportions, meanwhile this only plays with the belt line a bit and some minor stuff. Well done. Compare it for yourselves with the teaser Nissan dropped:

new-nissan-z-teaser.jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
Completely agree. Most of these renderings are taking liberties with the actual proportions of the car.

The one above is the only one that is really showing what the car could look like properly because it's taking the actual screenshot'd car and layering on top.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Completely agree. Most of these renderings are taking liberties with the actual proportions of the car.

The one above is the only one that is really showing what the car could look like properly because it's taking the actual screenshot'd car and layering on top.
Yeah I don't get it especially after the official teaser drops.

By now I expected us to see the new Nissan Z with a rocket bunny kit or something crazy.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Fender bulges to accept wider tread, yes, but nothing else, no fake scoops, no weird character lines, keep it simple and tight, i.e. FD RX-7. Please please offer the 6 spd manual as an option, or no buy here. Clutch take up has got to be better than the high and vague on my prior G35S. Oh, last thing, offer some alignment adjustability for track use.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Fender bulges to accept wider tread, yes, but nothing else, no fake scoops, no weird character lines, keep it simple and tight, i.e. FD RX-7. Please please offer the 6 spd manual as an option, or no buy here. Clutch take up has got to be better than the high and vague on my prior G35S. Oh, last thing, offer some alignment adjustability for track use.
I'm sure Nissan will keep it looking very normal. Aftermarket will be BIG and fill in for the rest.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The still from the teaser looks promising in some respects, but the body needs to be wrapped more tightly around the front wheel arches. There appears to be a good 6-9 inches of height up to the hood level from the top of the arches, giving the driver poorer forward sightlines and making the car look more blocky and sedan-y at the front end than it should.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The still from the teaser looks promising in some respects, but the body needs to be wrapped more tightly around the front wheel arches. There appears to be a good 6-9 inches of height up to the hood level from the top of the arches, giving the driver poorer forward sightlines and making the car look more blocky and sedan-y at the front end than it should.
Some of that might be the angle it was captured at, and from what I can tell, it seems similar to the 370Z.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Some of that might be the angle it was captured at, and from what I can tell, it seems similar to the 370Z.
Compare to this shot of an F12 from a somewhat similar angle to see what I’m talking about, even making allowances for photo angle differences there is no missing the much sleeker look of the Ferrari above the front wheels. It’s got a lower hood and cowl and a slightly taller greenhouse which IMO gives it a more exotic look. (Of course the F12’s larger wheels also eat up some of that space above the wheel arches.)
Edit: added shot of 370 for comparison. It looks to about midway between the F12 and the teased image wrt fender height.

21 - 40 of 85 Posts