Nissan 400Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Yes. The lower rockers, wheels and a bit of the front end are from current Nismo. It’s still just a render so not too surprising that the artist used what was available.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Interesting, just read about the improvements in body structure of the 2021 Rogue, more extensive user of alum (all doors, hood) AND composite hatch, about 100 lbs savings along with higher strength (thinner?) steel. Wonder if any of these will be applied to the Z. Come on, <3200 lbs target.

·
Registered
49 Posts
One can only hope we get a 3200lb 400hp Z. That would be an almost perfect power to weight, especially at the price point this car sells at. My guess is more like 3400lbs, which would still be fun.

I think the 718 caymans are around 3200lbs with a flat 4 motor, and a hefty price tag, so I doubt it's going to happen.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Anymore official news or trusted leaks? I think we're all hungry for some info, but please no more renders, except maybe interior or suspension.

I really want some of the GT-R tech - data logger, etc. - to trickle down to the Z. Anxiously waiting to get in line LOL.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Anymore official news or trusted leaks? I think we're all hungry for some info, but please no more renders, except maybe interior or suspension.

I really want some of the GT-R tech - data logger, etc. - to trickle down to the Z. Anxiously waiting to get in line LOL.
My guess is Nissan is waiting to start hyping the vehicle until after the start of 2021. If the rumor is true that cars will be produced next September, we are all still early. More info early next year.

·
Registered
58 Posts
But they gone and revealed the Ariya which is due next September

Ivan Espinosa said we are close to getting a new trailer and more information on the Z

·
Registered
95 Posts
One can only hope we get a 3200lb 400hp Z. That would be an almost perfect power to weight, especially at the price point this car sells at. My guess is more like 3400lbs, which would still be fun.

I think the 718 caymans are around 3200lbs with a flat 4 motor, and a hefty price tag, so I doubt it's going to happen.
If they could get the weight down just using newer materials on a version of the same chassis... and with the turbo engine... that could be good!

81 - 92 of 92 Posts