Nissan Z Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Best of all, you don't have to buy a brand spanking new NISMO GT-R, even one of the first model years will do.

yeah horsepower and torque havent changed. the 2017's added a decent amount of weight with the refresh and the 2021 with all the carbon reduced this by 40 lbs but thats only about 16 lbs less than the original 2015 model.

the biggest performance differnece in the NISMO is the dunlop tire that is custom made for it got 2 updates throughout the years.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
yeah horsepower and torque havent changed. the 2017's added a decent amount of weight with the refresh and the 2021 with all the carbon reduced this by 40 lbs but thats only about 16 lbs less than the original 2015 model.

the biggest performance differnece in the NISMO is the dunlop tire that is custom made for it got 2 updates throughout the years.
If you were to buy a used GT-R, what model year you get if shopping on the cheaper end of them?

·
Super Moderator
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
If you were to buy a used GT-R, what model year you get if shopping on the cheaper end of them?

2012 would be the oldest model I would consider. with the 12 you get the first refresh and the full warranted launch control. 2013 are more or less identical to 12s. 14s are the last GTR of the Mizuno era and is where the raw performance peaked with same power as 12+ but a few tweaks. 2015 you get the updated lightning bot headlights and ring tailights which I think look way better. the 2016 had a softer suspension and bad looking wheels( look like they should be on a lexus sedan) so I would say 12-15 are best bang for the buck

the 2017 gets the most recent facelift and are still farily expensive for what they are. they have better interiors and a small additonal bump in power but no real performace gains.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts