Nissan Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
On the other hand, Nissan could simply reduce the cost of entry to a more "accessible" level for the Z as it is. I think this idea has been litigated much in the same way as offering two different tunes of the existing TTV6 was - just doesn't make sense for what is supposed to be a defining legacy car for the brand. 4-Cyl Supra was (generally) a mistake, not a brilliant marketing decision, in my view.
Offering a detuned TTV6 doesn't seem like it would save much money. And you'd have to cut out all sorts of other items too I suppose.

The new Z is already going to be exceptionally well priced, so I have to think a turbo-4 could cut that quite a bit... plus it might actually be a really solid car for the tuning crowd.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Oh... definitely not JUST for the Z. That would make no sense. And I don't see why the CV-T wouldn't work in a sports car. It doesn't have to be a CRAZY sports car... just something fun.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Are you messing with us?
Crap. Sorry... no I totally misread what you wrote.

Instead of CVT, I read VC-T (VC-Turbo) and I just finished reading the press release about the new engine...

DEFINITELY no CVT in anything even remotely resembling a sports car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts