Nissan Z Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Not to sure what good there is by having prices . The dealership is only going to get what Nissan sends them . I sure miss the days when you could go to the dealership and order what you want. Hopefully if can afford what they have and it’s a manual 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
118 Posts
Not to sure what good there is by having prices . The dealership is only going to get what Nissan sends them . I sure miss the days when you could go to the dealership and order what you want. Hopefully if can afford what they have and it’s a manual 🤷‍♂️
IMHO it's all about having a fair idea on how much funds you need to pay to them. Some people may have to make up their mind before they could get to the real deal. No?

·
Registered
202 Posts
I hear rumors that the base/sport is 41k and the performance is closer to 49k. That's too much money if so. The base/sport needs to come in closer to 38k and the performance 45k.

If they want to maximize buyers for this car then it's important to be closer to the muscle cars in terms of pricing. The Americans still offer good looks, cool factor, and performance for the money.

Obviously the Z is a sports car. Its position in the sports car hierarchy is clear.
  • above the Subaru BRZ and Mazda Miata
  • equal to the Supra but priced slightly under
  • less performative but cheaper than the 718 Cayman and Corvette
However, there is a huge target audience of buyers who want a cool car that looks good and goes fast for a decent price point. If the performance version of this is 50k you're really pricing it just out of reach for those buyers. You can always say, yeah but there's the base/sport, but the items taken away from those cars will turn off those buyers.

Tough spot. We'll see what happens.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I hear rumors that the base/sport is 41k and the performance is closer to 49k. That's too much money if so. The base/sport needs to come in closer to 38k and the performance 45k.

If they want to maximize buyers for this car then it's important to be closer to the muscle cars in terms of pricing. The Americans still offer good looks, cool factor, and performance for the money.

Obviously the Z is a sports car. Its position in the sports car hierarchy is clear.
However, there is a huge target audience of buyers who want a cool car that looks good and goes fast for a decent price point. If the performance version of this is 50k you're really pricing it just out of reach for those buyers. You can always say, yeah but there's the base/sport, but the items taken away from those cars will turn off those buyers.

I couldn’t agree with you more. You hit it out the park with this post.

·
Registered
173 Posts

Agree with most of this but "equal to the Supra" may be a bit of a stretch, it's not a new platform and lacks goodies like adjustable shocks. Time will tell.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts