1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bicycle part Nickel Tin Metal Household hardware

Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Motor vehicle

NISMO Street Exhaust for the 2023+ Nissan Z (RZ34). Constructed of high quality T-304 stainless steel, this exhaust system delivers a sporty tone that’s enjoyable on a back-road drive or the daily commute, without any excessive cabin noise or droning. Features: • T-304 Stainless Steel construction for high strength and corrosion resistance. • Direct bolt-on application using OEM mounting hanger locations- no modifications required. • 2.25” pipe outer diameter, with a laser-etched NISMO logo on the exhaust tips. • Increased exhaust gas flow with 18% reduction in back pressure • Sound levels are: 88 dB stationary, 90 dB WOT pass-by, and 68 dB at constant speed.

·
Super Moderator
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Why is so different to one that was advertised first?

View attachment 8560
That picture is the JDM spec. NISMO USA offers different products. Nissan has done this with the last few years of GTR exhausts and midpipes. There is a NISMO Japan offering as well as a US offering that are totally different. The Japanese stuff tends to include catalyzers in their products where the US stuff is usually catless. I'm not sure who makes this new exhaust but the 370 and GTR stuff sold at the dealer I believe was made by a company called MXP to Nissans specs. This doesn't look like the previous catbacks I've seen as it looks a little more crude where the MXP made NISMO stuff looked more polished and finished

I've got a US spec NISMO midpipe on my GTR sold though dealers. that is completely different than the one offered in japan which has hiflow cats. My us spec one is catless and non resonated

·
Registered
60 Posts
From my experience with my Q60. This is a waste of money. These cars have 4 cats. That’s right 4 CATS. That is where the sound dampening comes in. I switched my stock muffler out to straight pipes. And everything else was the same. And you could barley notice a difference. I can’t imagine changing a muffler. With another muffler will yield a huge sound difference.
Now if it’s $1200 for a Nismo catback I can see that sounding good. But $1200 for just a muffler is a huge no for me dawg.

·
Super Moderator
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is it me or does this exhaust look a little rough. It doesn't have that oem feel you would expect. It almost looks like your buddy who runs a welding shop decided to make you a cool muffler and etch nismo on it. Not sure I like the slots where the muffler slips Into the existing piping. Would prefer a bolt on

·
Registered
302 Posts
In no time the aftermarket big boys HKS, ARK, etc., will all have great sounding options in stainless steel for loads less than $2K. For those who decide they couldn’t wait and paid five-figure ADM, just know that waiting for the aftermarket to drop new catbacks is a no-brainer as it’ll save $500 over the Nismo and by waiting you’ll be able to choose from all those new exhaust sounds (and marginally higher hp outputs if that matters).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts