Nissan 400Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Also hoping they'll carry over the Nismo functional Recaros with slotted headrest section. No news updates, ughh Nissan!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Speaking about the GT-R I won't mind seeing an Italdesign version of the new Z.
Their GT-R limited run model is insane.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I hope Nissan doesn’t go short on the tech items. Just put it all in I say.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Tech, like the kind of tech that is out of date within a few years?
Tech that needlessly makes a vehicle more expensive to repair?
Tech that interferes with the pleasure of driving a sporty car?

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
We don't need tech esp in too many driving modes and complicated adaptive suspension, a proper sports car does not need those, leave it to the driver and some on the aftermarket. Tech on engine monitoring and data logging are fine and could be very helpful since integrated and this area is getting better and better. The new Z especially the 6 speed manual needs to be somewhat back to basics with driver involvement. When the first Miata and BRZ/86 came out, how much fun they were on most roads, even if underpowered.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Please craft a factory-designed roll cage kit to be available from Nissan dealerships!
As a Nissan racer, I wouldn't want to see an OEM-spec roll cage kit for the Z. Why? First, roll cages designed for actual competition need to be customized to properly fit the driver. Seat height, race harness attachment points and window net clips can be different depending on your body type and driving style. Also, depending in who the sanctioning body is, materials and specs may differ from one static factory design. And while custom work is expensive, it's likely cheaper and safer than buying a dealership installed option. Racers know this from hard experience.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Tech, like the kind of tech that is out of date within a few years?
Tech that needlessly makes a vehicle more expensive to repair?
Tech that interferes with the pleasure of driving a sporty car?
Majority of vehicles all have out of date tech within a few years. Some even less. Thats just the way it is with new faster evolving technology.

Meh... not so much. If one is concerned about longevity, pony up for the extended warranty programs.

Well, you got me there. My Supercharged Solstice has power door locks & windows and a radio. No ABS brakes either lol.... with over 300 ponies it’s a blast to drive! Especially with the top down.. and thats manual too lol

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Another on the wish list. I'm hoping for a 'track' package that already includes proven tires like Michelin Sport Cups or the like. Tires are way expensive to upgrade nowadays. At least allows for a few thousand miles before replacing. Forged wheels will sweeten the package even more.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts